It was really funny to see Transformers 2 here because the whole audience actually stood up and clapped and got so excited at the part of the movie that takes place in Petra. Jordan doesn't make it into a lot of movies, okay? Haha. This weekend we got to go on a little adventure to actually see Petra, home of the Primes.
Me and Angie in front of the Treasury, the most famous building in Petra. 
This is the Monastery, which is actually bigger and cooler than the Treasury - yet less well known. That may have something to do with the grueling hour long hike to get to it under the blaring Middle Eastern sun, but thats just my hypothesis...
This is how you could find me most of the weekend. Hiding in the shade reading. I had a really good book, Freakanomics, I highly recommend it.
After sleeping (except not really because it was so hot) in bedioun tents, the next day we went on a four wheeling excursion across the desert in really ghetto old Toyotas. It was rad.
So you know that I'm not entirely lazy and actually did other things than just read, I climbed this sand dune. Proof. In other news, Dan and I are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our first niece. And the end of this summer, so we can actually - you know - live together in the same country. We hear thats what married people do.
2 comments:
Im impressed... that sand hill looks like a beast! It also looks like you had a pretty sweet excursion! I am going to have to go see transformers 2 now:)... and play wheres waldo except look for Petra. Anyways I too am stoked to soon have you back in the states!! love ya:)
That's so exciting that you guys are getting a neice soon! Babies are fun.... especially when you can send them home with someone else! And I too am anxiously waiting for you and Dan to be in the same country as me and under the same roof as each other. We need a time to play though!
Post a Comment