I finally got the heck out of the Middle East (note: i'm wearing our tour guides shirt in this picture because I was denied entry on to temple mount because my neckline was too low).

And came to my new home in Monterey California, and my eternal companion:

And when I arrived in Monterey, Dan - who is modeling the lovely Jordanian garb I brought back for him- had already found an apartment for us. Our eternally amazing parents coordinated driving all of our stuff from our storage unit in Provo out here. Shout out to the parents (I now know my mom secretly reads this) - we really appreciated your help.
WE'VE BEEN MARRIED A YEAR. And since I was sitting in Tel Aviv on our actual anniversary, we celebrated this saturday. We went to this movie:
Which I would highly recommend if you enjoy Quinton Tarantino, blood, guts and gore.
We went and walked around Monterey, its seriously beautiful. Never mind that the sun never shines. Its cool.
And we finished off with a taste of our wedding cake. Well not quite. Our wedding cake was tragically lost in the Fridge/Freezer meltdown of October 2008 (I think Danielle and Jesse will remember that episode, it really was tragic). So we found a replacement.
Cake batter icecream tastes a whole lot better than old frozen cake I'm sure... Well, its certainly been an interesting first year of marriage. I wouldn't recommend spending the majority of your first year on different continents to other people - but for us it worked. We made it through, it wasn't easy/fun, but we grew as people - or something like that.
4 comments:
looks like a dang good cake to me:) ha. Congrats on one year! Monterey looks beautiful!!! how fun!! we will have to come visit sometime in the future! Im glad your back with dan, and in the US:) love you lots... B
The cake a year later isn't worth it I promise. I miss the beauty of Monterey and the beach but I don't miss the people. I'm so glad you guys are finally together. Where are you living?
HOh and Happy Anniversary!!
Welcome back to america! I'm glad you could be back with your hubby! Happy anniversary! It's fun to say we've made it to a year :)
Hurray for togetherness. Chris and I looked at our cake and just threw it away. We didn't even plan on saving it since we didn't actually get married when we had the cake but whatever, happy anniversary
Post a Comment