Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Don't Hate on the Headlamps



Everytime we visit REI (which is WAY too often) Dan wants to buy a headlamp. To which I respond " Headlamps are gay, you will never use it!" Then we were without power for several days and I realized their utility. Dan finally got his much coveted headlamp which he used for our recent Camping Adventure. It was actually super useful, I shall never hate on headlamps again.Dan was "the fire master" and consequently still smells like campfire, 5 days later.
Me wearing the infamous Headlamp, and holding the delicious campfire concoction known as a Banana boat.
Also with us on the adventure was our friends Mark (also a member of the rabid pro-head lamp party) and Leana.
And Justin and Lisa - who found us a great camp site and planned our excursion!
Okay, so just a public service announcement. I work for a cosmetic dermatologist - so I'm surrounded all day by people who really care about how they look. Yet many of them go tanning! The Doctor always brings up Bridgett Bardot - she was a 1960s bombshell who loved the sun - spent years tanning on the French riviera. Now look at her. Yeah, put on some sunscreen.
I love candy corns! So I just had to buy these Hershey Candy corn kisses. And then turn them into cookies per the recipe on the back of the package. They are delicious - the perfect pre-Halloween treat. Okay, done with random tangents. Have a Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

Jane said...

That's so funny! I remember making fun of Merrill the first time he busted out his head light.

Aimee said...

Looks to me that this Bridgett Bardot has some more problems than just the sun