The day after Thanksgiving we braved black friday for the first time. And Christmas came early for us! We're now "TV rich" (it was the next step after "couch rich", Dan is sure that "X-box rich" is the future. I think not). We are now the proud owners of this:
There was a certain victory in getting the very last one out of a giant pile. I felt victorious, like a Best Buy shopping champion. Next it was time to decorate our apartment for Christmas. But, being that we bought the above mentioned TV, this year will live on in history as "Our Dollar Store Christmas".
"Classy" Dollar store stockings with our names Ironed On. Ghetto. Awesome.
Beat up Artificial tree purchased at Wal-mart circa my Freshman year of college. All trimmings courtesy of Dollar Tree (which incidentally is located next to Red's Donuts in the ghetto.)
We did splurge and each got an expensive Donut ornament. We thought it fitting to commemorate this year.
These are actually from Target, not Dollar tree, but I love them. I sit and watch my fake snowflakes twinkle in the window while feeling grateful Im not Utah watching actual ones.
Today being Sunday, I finally had a day off to get back to baking. I made Peppermint Brownies. Its like Christmas in your mouth. Thankfully we will soon be in St. George at my parent's house, where Christmas is actually classy.



5 comments:
Peppermint Brownies sound AMAZING!! You have always been so domestic... someday i want to cook like you! I also dig the donut Ornaments... Very nice decor! I am jealous you got a sweet tv. We still have our ghetto one, and we very much need to update;)
Well I'm glad Dan approves of my Christmas decor! That TV is the BEST!!! I think that's what we have and we got it on black friday last year! It's awesome, I love Samsung. I would take that over a nice Christmas tree any day!
I wouldn't mind tasting Christmas in my mouth, do share. If you come any farther north during your visit please let us know.
Well done on your decorations. It's fun starting your own traditions and stuff. And I want you to know that I am jealous of your fake snowflakes. I got about four inches of real ones yesterday yuck! haha. Merry Christmas!
I've just caught up on your last two posts and have realized two things. One I feel ashamed to call myself a wife everytime I read your posts and how domesticated you are. Two I'm glad Chris doesn't read the blogs because between you and Jenni he would really know what he's missing out on in a wife :)
Post a Comment