We here at Mealy Monterey Adventures (MMA) were overjoyed when we found out that the Benson family had chosen us to spend their spring Break with us, over all their other Central Costal Californian fictitious travel entity options. I only had to work on Monday and was thus able to be a full time tour guide.
DAY ONE: We started off the week w/ everyone's first trip to the "World famous" Monterey Aquarium.The only pictures I got at the Aquarium. At the photo opportunity in "The Secret Lives of Sea-horses"
I felt it was way too Sea World like, and I'd rather dig my eyes out with rusty spoons than go to that cursed place again. But my mom fell in love w/ the Sea Otters, having to be forcibly dragged away from their tank.
It was also my Otter loving Mom's Birthday!!! We celebrated with a Peanut Butter Pie and the traditional Benson goofy hats (note my Dad looking like a Unicorn.) My mom is a gem. I could go on and on about how awesome Mom is, but lets just leave it with my Mom is better than your Mom. No battle, game over.
DAY TWO: We ventured up to Frisco to see WICKED. Its unfortunate that my sisters' first view of San Fran was the downtown area of the Orpheum theater. A homeless guy covered in blood vomited near Katheryn, and Anna was hit on by a probable drug dealer ("Hey girl, damn you're fine, how you doin?"). The play though was more than awesome. And I dare you to tell me to stop signing "Defying Gravity". I've always said Villains are just misunderstood.
DAY THREE: We went on the Alcatraz Early Bird tour. It was my second time, but as enjoyable and interesting as the first. I love history, and criminals, and boat rides. Win, win, win.
We also decided on a whim to hike up to "Morador" aka "Coit Tower." Lets just say its looks cooler from down in the city...
And of course, the walk across the bridge. 1,000 people have killed themselves off that bridge. Fortunately none from MMA (the Aquarium wasn't that bad).
DAY FOUR: One thing we here at MMA are unable to offer our visitors is warm weather. Or on this day, dry weather. It was raining cats and dogs, but the seals had to be seen. We ventured Ano Nuevos, bought flimsy ponchos, got soaked on the 2 hour tour, but amazingly still had fun. The seals were super active in the rain, trying to learn to swim in the puddles.
This guy freaked me out. He kept getting closer and closer. Even going under the little rope barrier. He wanted to eat me.
Doing strange neck exercises to limber up. To come eat me.
DAY FIVE: The sun came out and it was time to commune with nature. We went on a great hike through Point Lobos. It was such a neat park, we saw tons of seals and at least one of Mom's furry loves, the otter.
The only thing that could have made our MMA better? Kiersty Kat! She sadly had mid-terms that she refused to blow off for our epic adventure. She will have to come soon for her own custom MMA.
Tears were shed from the tour guide's eyes as my group left. Oh how I miss my beloved family, pets, and St. George. But I'll be okay. I'll keep singing show tunes to myself, and clicking my heels, "There's no place like home, There's no place like home."



7 comments:
You're freakin hilarious! I love your posts. From the looks of things, I think that seal thing did want to eat you.
Hey, looks like you guys had tons of fun! Mark is jealous that you got to see seals more active!:) And I still envy you that you got to go see Wicked... It's Wicked Awesome!
I'm so glad your family was able to visit and that you could have so much fun.
I'm jealous I still have yet to see Wicked
MMA huh? I dig the adventure
Wow MMA looks like one adventurous vacation!! I miss vacations with the Bensons... They are the best! Remember at Powell when Stan tied the boat to the over sized shrub. Ha. Your family is awesome! Looks like you had way to much fun! I am Jealous for sure... I will experience the MMA one day:)
What a fun vacation for your family! I think that seals are scary too. I saw wicked in LA and it was awesome!
So much fun stuff! And I practically fell over laughing upon reading the "beautiful" experience your poor sisters had in the city! Haha! Good times...
Post a Comment