| {it certainly didn't help that Zaza liked to hang out in it. Year 3.} Said tree is in our apartment right now. Going on year 5. And lets just say, its not going strong... |
We decided to continue the tradition started last year of each picking one new fancy ornament. We made a whole date night out of it and ventured to several locals in search of THE ornaments. In the end, Dan got a robot. I opted for the Abominable snowman petting rudolph in an homage to my favorite Christmas movies. Beat that.
Next year we shall have a real tree. So be it if I must personally go to Pioneer Park and cut one down out from under a homeless man. It will be real. There will be no Ghetto Tree Year 6, so help me.
Next year we shall have a real tree. So be it if I must personally go to Pioneer Park and cut one down out from under a homeless man. It will be real. There will be no Ghetto Tree Year 6, so help me.
We're getting in the christmas spirit here as we count down the days till our return to Zion. A Peppermint Twist candle, some candied almonds, and Pandora providing holiday tunes make our apartment down right festive. Also, it's a good thing that Santa no longer brings me things (the ultimate sacrifice in getting married), because I'm not sure he'd like this year's wish list. My wants are rather unsleighable:
1) A brown Doberman Pinscher.
The one I see on Saturday morning runs. I will love him more than his present owner. I promise.
2) Acura MDX.
Call it a Soccer Mom Car. I call it true love.
3) An Apartment in the Avenues.
With a washer/dryer, dishwasher, wood floors. And allows my Doberman. And doesn't have noisy/crazy/messy/cross-dressing/trashy neighbors. I'm really not asking too much here.
4) Dan to magically become an officer and us to be stationed in Germany, so I can spend my weekends in Paris gorging myself on croissants.
Yes, that is what I want more than anything.
Maybe there will be a Christmas Miracle....I'm trying to be REALLY good. Because as my mom always used to say/threaten: "Santa's Elves are watching! And they're taking notes!"








5 comments:
Love your new ornaments. I highly recommend a real tree. It's awesome! Your wish list is pretty awesome and I love that car and the idea of being stationed in Germany, because if we have to join the regular army, that's the only condition on which I would agree to do it. That we can go to Paris together!:)
I think this is a perfectly reasonable Christmas list! We have one of those ghetto Walmart trees too, along with awesome Walmart ornaments, and since it sits in a closet for 11 months we feel pretty good about it. Happy Christmas!
Love your christmas wishlist!
lol i wouldn't mind a acura mdx either. but i'm stuck with a honda as well. keep your head up next year you find your tree.
I'll will post a picture of me tree shortly and maybe you will love yours a little more. then again, you may be jealous. I like your list just one question. How will you commute from your place in the Avenues to where you are stationed in Germany, (which is by far is in the top two of most beautiful places I've ever been)
Post a Comment