Let me start out this post by saying that:
1) I have Pink Eye for the 4.5 millionth time
2) We have not had running water in our apartment for 24 hours.
1) I have Pink Eye for the 4.5 millionth time
2) We have not had running water in our apartment for 24 hours.
Since I had a recent maniefesto on focusing on the happy things in life rather than the negative, I will not dwell on the fact that I had to shower at the city gym today, without shower shoes, and am on my 4th day wearing glass to mask my infected eyes.. .. Rather I will point out that which is making life Good:
1) I got my first award from Army. Last week, while still sick, I went and gave blood. Probably shouldn't have, but there was no way I was passing on cookies and FINALLY finding out my blood type (I've been on a quest for years since my negligent parents can't supply this crucial info). As an added bonus, since it was my second time giving my life giving platelets to Servicemen in Iraq, I got my hand shook and was given an AWARD in the form of a metal coin. Also, I found out I am O negative. DOUBLE REWARD. Also, I got to eat a ton of Sandies, TRIPLE REWARD.
2) Dan constantly insists he is terrible at French and that his sunday school lessons don't go well. In actuality, he is actually doing well in class (even though stress levels have hit a new high) and rocks being a Gospel Doctrine teacher with what non-existent leftover time he has to prepare his lessons. However, we're both ready for him to be done with both of these obligations...
3) Since were soon going to be moving soon, I decided the most logical thing to do was to start decorating my apartment. I discovered CB2, Crate and Barrel's Ikea-esque daughter company. My eternal companion gave me these wall scones as a belated Valentine's gift.
I love them and regularly bask in their glow.
![]() |
| { i made these blondies for my sunbeams. they refused them. i was left with no choice but to eat. the. entire. pan.} |
4) Yeah, we totally gave up on Atkins. We completed the two week induction phase where you eat nothing but meat and vegetables (and not even all vegetables.) It was pretty rough, the lack of carbs had Dan and I about to claw each other's eyes out at any second - but hey, we lost weight! And then we fell off the wagon, hard. Like eating out everyday (gotta celebrate Chuck Norris' B-day and St. Patricks day and Fat Tuesday...) and baking really ridiculous amounts of treats nightly. Needless to say, I gained back all that was lost. But I figure I'd rather take those 5 lbs back and enjoy life. Though I learned to love brussels sprouts, Atkin's really only taught me one valuable thing:
A life without croissants is not a life worth living.




7 comments:
cool header
Sorry about your pink eye and no water. That sucks. But I'm glad that you can share so many happy things with us too. I didn't hear about that Atkin's diet, but maybe we need to do that, because Mark is again over his weight limit and the weigh it is coming up fast.
Hey, my blood type is O neg. too. At least I know who to go to if I ever need blood. (: I wonder then if you'll have to have those extra shots when you're pregnant too. Probably. But, focus on the positives! Your blood is greatly wanted and needed.
I love your happy posts, it totally makes my day! Also, I love those blondie bas, what kind of child turns those down?!
sorry to hear about the pink eye and no water. I don't like showering at public places, who knows what's floating in the air? I can go a long time without a shower. Just ask Jenni I'm not sure I showered in Italy at all. (I did...I think)
ah seriously blondies are so good. i would have ate the whole pan also. cute post!
You crack me up. Aimee is right she CAN go a long... time without a shower. I'm glad you focus on the happy things it makes the world go round, or is that ice cream? I think it's ice cream.
How much longer do you think you have in CA?
Post a Comment