Monday, April 4, 2011

Another Happy Week Gone By

Happiness in it's many forms...
I got home from a long day at work to discover a lovely surprise package from Branda! Of all holidays, I think Easter has the best candy, by far. And the Reese Pieces Eggs Branda sent me are no exception. They lasted all of 2 minutes in our house. And let's just say Mr. Bitey wasn't eating any...

Conference makes me happy, I really enjoy listening to it and feeling like I need to be a million times better than I currently am. Other thing I love about conference = food. The BYU co-ed in me can't enjoy the first weekend in April without a "Conference Party". Luckily Sue hosted one and I was able to make & devour a Chocolate Sheet Cake. I'd been wanting to make one all week, but decided it was inappropriate to make a jelly roll pan full of cake for one person. Not that I haven't done it before... (Freshman BYU year).....

Whenever I ask Dan what I should blog about, he responds, "Blog about how awesome I am."
Dan is awesome. This week he vacuumed and dusted the apartment, WITHOUT ME ASKING. He test drove BOB strollers with me at REI and agreed they are a necessity before we procreate - thus making me more awesomely in love with him. And at lunch yesterday he let me have some of his french fries, even though I should've just ordered my own instead of pretending to want salad as a side dish.
Let the record state: 
LAUREN FINDS HER HUSBAND, DAN, TOTALLY AWESOME. He makes me Happy. 
And finally, a mixed happy/unhappy thing: Friday was my last day at work.
It's been a good job:
I really thought when quitting day finally came I wouldn't miss it at all. 

But on friday, I clocked out for the last time and I cried. Maybe it was the hug Dr. D gave me. Maybe it was the fact that I got MY LAST paycheck. But mostly I think it was just the finality of it all. The end of a job means change. And I hate change.

But I better get use to it. Three more weeks, and it all changes. 
Wow, that sounded incredibly melodramatic. 
I should stick to happy thoughts. Until next time. 

7 comments:

Лена said...

Three more weeks!!! Oh, my goodness!!! I can't believe you guys will be here so soon! yay!!!

I love easter candy as well. even though we're on a diet, i think I'm going to hide some under my side of the bed, so Mark won't find any...:)

Aimee said...

Oh my heavens. How time flies. Can't wait till your in Gods country again. (Not like we'd ever see each other anyhow) I wish I was more ambitious like you. I have all of these delicious recipes for treats but never want to take the time to make them.

The Burr's said...

Three weeks! yeah...such a happy move:) but I'm with you on the hating change.. So much work when things change! conference was awesome though, amazing talks! I too remember eating half a pan of chocolate sheet cake for lunch...ha. love love love em!

Rick and Sue said...

I can't believe you guys are leaving us here! It does make my heart have a little tear when I think about you guys not enduring this place with, but you guys have endured much than us! We will be reuniting in the not too distant future... and the cake was delicious along with the blondie/snickerdoodle concoction, as always amazing!

Jennifer said...

1. Conference as always was amazing.
2. Easter candy always makes me the most sick (probably because I can't stop myself)
3. Did I miss the memo on these big changes? What is going on?

Rebecca Luke said...

Dude, you are so right about the Easter candy. It is indeed the best. I read that and was like "really? I never noticed." Then when I was shopping for Aubin's basket I was like "Lauren is TOTALLY right." Funny!
Congrats on the move! I know it's been long awaited. We'll have to get together some time!

chickster said...

I totally agree with the whole change thing - it's tough and hard, but usually leads to new and fun experiences. Best of luck with the move!