Friday, May 13, 2011

The Time We Moved to SLC

Much has happened since my last blog. Let's rewind a few weeks:
Dan graduated from DLI and I took some really bad pictures of said event. Right after the ceremony we headed to the promised land... But not before enduring this:
We decided to move ourselves and then have the army reimburse us (DIDY) vs. having them do everything. Next time we want to make a little money in a grueling way, we'll sell our internal organs on the black market. It would be less painful than this move. After driving FOREVER through the world's ugliest terrain, we made to STG where we spent two nights waiting for our house in SLC to be available.
While there we went on a nice Red Cliffs hike w/ the family. Kat found a frog. And then we moved into our new (well its a 100+ yrs old) house on Capitol Hill. 



We love our new house. And we love Salt Lake. Things we don't love: being jobless, being internet-less, and trying to make the army pay for Dan's school.  But overall, we're happy to have arrived.
THIS IS THE PLACE. 

10 comments:

The Terry's said...

yay! glad to see you guys made it back to utah!

Jaime said...

I love your new house. So cute.

The Burr's said...

Wow how fun! I love the house.. The colors, the sweet brick in the kitchen, the nice deck, and all the sweet decor! Very nicely done! So glad you found the place;) Hopefully you won't have to move again for a while ha.. so not fun!!!

Лена said...

Welcome, welcome!!!:) Did I mentioned that I love your house?

Ashley said...

Your new place is gorgeous, I love it! I'm a little jealous that you get to live in UT again! Maybe someday we'll get to move back too. Good luck with the job hunt!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you can be somewhere that your happy and that house is amazing I'm so jealous.

Rick and Sue said...

Lauren! Oh my goodness I am so in LOVE with your new place! It is soooo cute and gorgeous! Really I am in love! Well done! Maybe your job can be to find us a place like that soon... hahaha jk! it looks great and I know the jobs will come soon! GI bill better get there crap figured out and get paying for Dan's school, go give em hell if they try to not to.

Haylee Caplin said...

your house is adorable! Hope you find a job soon and it works out with school!

Aimee said...

Hooray for Home Depot boxes. I love your new place by the way. Looks awesome.

Bonni and Pete said...

um can I just say we would like to be neighbors. That place is incredible. Can't wait to see it!! Also, we miss you.