For reason still unclear in my mind, several months ago I registered with Anna for the STG marathon. I started following a training program, ran a 1/2 marathon, and then I just kinda stopped... I got busy with school, and running 18 miles on a saturday just really didn't sound appealing. So I didn't do it.
Not really the best idea if you're going to run 26.2.
I decided to compensate for my lack of training by utilizing the "shorter the shorts, the faster you run" theory. My shorts were very short. But the girls at lululemon assured me they looked great. And if the girls at lululemon started a cult, I would join. No questions asked.
The marathon itself was quite the experience, it definitely exposed the depravity of man. At the start line, anna and I went to go get a cup of water at an aid table. I noticed jars of vaseline on the table when a man came up, got some and proceeded to go to town lubricating his "swimsuit area." I mean really, you can't walk a few feet away, turn your back to people, show some semblance of modesty? Not to mention the innumerable men using the side of the road as a bathroom.... Boys are gross.
The last 10k I kinda fell apart. The 4 hour pacer passed me, and I was not happy. I tried to catch back up, I really wanted a sub 4, but eventually decided to forget that and just focus on not dying. A worthy cause.
Overall, I'm glad I did it. Anna ran in 3:47, more than an hour faster than last year, and got 3rd in her division. I want to be her.
Brandalee brought over a giant bag of peanut butter m&ms and a cafe rio gift card the night before. My fastest miles I can attribute to the motivation of being one step closer to a pork tostada and my mom's forehead kisses...



10 comments:
Wow congrats! That is great.
In my eyes you are the true hero getting a kick A time your very firt time! We are now officially RBS stand for running blood sisters. Many ice baths are in our future r.b.s!
Lauren you are seriously awesome! I am so impressed that you stuck with it and finished your marathon! Way to go! The short shorts must have done it and the medal was a great prize!
I can't believe you ran a marathon without much training!?! That's crazy! And marathon runners are serious litter bugs.
Your time is AMAZING especially for kind of forgetting about "training". Not going to lie although you still look so cute you also look kind of miserable in the first picture of you :)
Are you kidding it would take me 4 hrs to run 1 mile. Your amazing and I love the sparkly headbands!
Oh and boys are just born gross I've decided.
You should be very, very proud of yourself!! You did amazing for some one who TRAINED, let alone someone who DIDN'T really!!!! Your crazy, but I love it! Congratulations an a wonderful accomplishment!! I Really like the short shorts (whoo whoo), The jazzy medals, and the nice shirts!!!
LOL I LOVE your posts. And let me say... you ROCKED that course! Seriously, how awesome. You definitely earned that Rio salad.
Good job Lauren! I knew you could do it and you DID it!:)
Post a Comment