If you choose to read only the ingredient list and neglect to read the entire recipe, your microwave could end up like this:
Over the weekend, Danielle and Haylee came over to my house for "CRAFT DAY." Well, I was a bit rushed that morning and just a bit before they were due to arrive I realized I didn't have any treats made. NO TREATS?!? What kind of gathering has NO TREATS?!? So, I looked around my kitchen and accessed the situation. I pretty much had no ingredients. Then it came to me, CARAMEL CORN. Found a quick and easy microwave version and set about making it. Then I discovered I had no brown sugar. No problem, run (literally, dan had the car) down to the corner market/drug front. I headed outside to discover it was rain/snowing. Plan B. Make brown sugar from white sugar and molasses. Totally worked. Throw everything into microwave for a couple minutes. Open microwave. Caramel volcano has exploded. DO NOT put the baking soda into the mix till after its microwaved. It will create a science fair project like explosion. Just FYI. Needless to say, it was a treatless event.
Luckily, my co-crafters have more attention to detail then myself, and due to their diligence and instruction following, I think our Christmas countdown blocks turned out pretty well.
In other news, Dan is gone back east for a week for Army training stuff.
Meaning Lauren is home alone.
Meaning:
A) She is sleeping with all the lights in the house on.
B) She is eating Breakfast for Supper. Every. Single. Night. Soooo gooood
(I still don't understand dan's aversion)
C) She is using the countdown blocks to number the days till Friday,
when she goes home to St. George (only 2 left!!!).

4 comments:
Those are some good looking blocks! Glad you can go to St. George because it is the happiest place on earth for real! Happy Thanksgiving!
wow I can't believe you made those blocks.. for fun. I made some at our ward craft thing a couple years ago. It took me four hours. And made me hate modge podge forever. They are cute though!
I love your blocks! Now, I want to make a set for us too! Hmmm. You inspire me, Lauren! Hope Dan will be home soon!
so no baking soda before heating? Got it. thanks
Your block craft is cute.
Post a Comment