If Christmas means one thing to us Bensons its tradition. I love it, I know every year I can count on the same awesomeness that I have been experiencing for 23 years now. Dan... he's overwhelmed by it. "We're watching ANOTHER version of A Christmas Carol? AGAIN?" Why yes, its TRADITION.
1) Christmas Caramel Corn Wreath making.
A 20 year strong Benson family tradition. It is quite the event, everyone has their task (some jobs are more dangerous than others). This year we turned out 30 wreaths, and I only ate 5 of them.
2) Candy House Making
3)A Chili Christmas Eve Dinner
Which has come to include other soup varieties upon the discovery that no one actually likes Chili.
4) Opening Presents, One at a Time, Oldest to Youngest
No Dan, no opening them on Christmas Eve! And not out of turn either!
5) Family Christmas Dinner. On the fancy China.
This year we did mix things up a bit, we had Christmas Steak - Dan was the grill master. And there was the cool addition of Christmas Crowns that came out the Christmas crackers that Uncle Tom smuggled over with him from the UK.
And because no gathering of Benson brothers is complete without explosives, there was Christmas Potato launching, courtesy of the Brent Benson hand built potato guns.
Which of course was followed a good Christmas hair singe. But it's okay because...
It's Tradition!





6 comments:
I think it's so cool your family has traditions that's been kept for years and years! I need to start some traditions in our family. Looks like you guys are having tons of fun. Especially, Dan:)
I bought some of those UK cracker things and totally forgot to use them until I read about yours on your blog! Maybe I'll use them for New Years.
Looks like a fun Christmas! Hope to see you guys soon!
You guys have way to much fun... I love it! It was so good to see you while you were down! Glad you had a great christmas:)
The caramel corn wreaths look like a lot of fun, but the potato launcher totally stole the game. I want one.
How did I miss this post? Looks like it was a lot of fun. I need you to teach me how to make that photo montage
Post a Comment