So there's a lot of things I want to blog about that have happened over the last month or so, but I've decided to skip ahead to record the most recent event. After having our friends The Streeters stay with us for a week (another thing to blog about, oh yeah, and we live in St. George now) we were inspired. We've known Streeters since our time in Monterey when they too were like us, childless and happy. But Aleks (their little 18 month old guy) seems to have made Leana and Mark's lives so much richer and happier, that Dan and I decided we too should get in on this having a cute little dependent.
So we adopted:
May I introduce Otto Von Bismarck (named for the first Chancellor of Germany - been on a history reading kick lately). We decided to go the dog route for the obvious reason that it has most of the perks of having a human baby, with none of the draw backs (kidding).
![]() |
| {stealing a straw during a "SWIG" run} |
Obviously all my friends with babies (if they're still reading at this point) are totally rolling their eyes, and my next comment will only exacerbate this, but having a puppy is really hard work. He wakes up multiple times a night crying, I have to keep my eyes on him at all times, he can be super needy... etc. But then again, when I'm burnt out, I can just put him in his crate.
Overall, in the past 3 days, the pluses of having my little Otto around far outweigh the negative (though I am single parenting, Dan is at Army training.) My Dad, Kiersten and Katheryn and I even took him on his first hike up above Parowan. And he did awesome, trotting on those little chocolate legs.
In conclusion, I love Otto.




6 comments:
Otto Is Adorable! His beautiful chocolate fur, and blue eyes are so cute and cuddly! You are definitely taking steps in the right direction:)! And dogs are a lot of work! Congrats on a new addition!!
Bahaha. He's a cutie! Although having a kid is better because you will love your kid so much more than an animal that it's actually worth getting up at night for! So that's a good thing right? But at least you're getting used to it lol and don't feel dumb, pets ARE a lot of work!! And you're in st George? Wtf?
Otto is so adorable!! He will be fun for Molly & Charlie to play with when you bring him to visit. Looking forward to meeting him up close and personal :)
St George huh? well nice. Otto is so stinkin cute! Congratulations!
He's a cutie, how fun! Good luck at the race this weekend, hope to see you there!
so, i want to name one of my kids Otto.
it was my great great grandpas name. I love it! it might be better for a dog though (no offense gramps) and that is the most precious blue eyed animal ever.
i love dogs so much. they have such a special spirt about them, (really though.) they totally know what's up. i once was having a sobbing snotting attack and my sisters dog came and sat right next to me, and just looked up at me, and comforted me with her sweetness. it happened a few times when i was sick too. they're just good like that.
ps. your donut header makes me salivate everytime.
Post a Comment