Otto turned one last week (on May 23rd, to be exact) and the mere fact that he has survived the last 12 months is worth celebrating.
First an ibuprofen overdose and complete kidney failure
Then having a mean dog at daycare take a chunk out of his ear
And finally contracting kennel cough and needing to be quarantined.
In addition he has also had no less than THREE skirmishes with the Logan Police Department. Most recently when I was letting him swim in an irrigation canal. A lovely woman came charging out of a nearby squalid apartments and threatened to "Beat my *&^ if I didn't get my &^%$ing dog out of the canal! There were SIX baby ducklings and now they are only FIVE! Expletive, Expletive, Expletive." She also called me a "stupid b*&^" quite a few times for good measures. (For the record, Otto was not harming any ducklings.) SHE THEN PROCEEDED TO CALL THE COPS ON ME. I received a ticket while this fine citizen of Cache Valley walked off. Apparently owning a dog is illegal in Logan. Being completely retarded is not.
Anyway, we had to celebrate Otto's big day as he has overcome both illness and legal trouble to reach his first birthday. Anna helped bake him a dog friendly cake. He loved it. I swear.
And he got a present. A doggie backpack for our upcoming Memorial Day backpacking trip.
Happy Birthday, Otto. You little felon, you.
No comments:
Post a Comment