Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

Dan and I were able to have a great Easter weekend - Together! I flew to Tucson and Dan met me there. 
I was not sad at all to see the landscape of cold, snow-capped mountains transform into warm, barren cactus filled desert!
We did a lot of shopping at the Mall. I got some clothes for my big trip and Dan is modeling his new scarf. The rental car and its navigation system was awesome by the way - locate nearest ice-cream shop- done!
Me and my new shoes - the last pair at Aldo. It made me feel very victorious. We also saw Adventureland (wouldn't recommend) and ate at a Chinese Bistro (also, wouldn't recommend).
My cousin Jenni was kind enough to host Dan and I at their house for Easter dinner. She is a easter dinner extraordinaire: lamb!, couscous, lots of veggies - and brownies and ice-cream! Daniel gave my Dan lots of great advice, I got to chat with Jenni, and their little guy was entertainment for all!
We capped off our adventure with something we share a great affinity for: Pizza Hut. So ghetto, and so good. It was so nice to see Dan and spend some time together. Now I just have to survive the next week of finals, and then its off to Jordan!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm so glad that you got to spend some time with your sweetie. So when you go to Jordan your there for four months? Or am I just pretending to know things?

Haylee Caplin said...

Lauren, Sounds like a fun easter weekend! Good luck with finals and your journey!

Jennifer said...

That picture of dinner looks a little scary. I'm so glad we got to visit.

Stacie said...

Your trip seemed like a lot of fun. Good luck with your finals and even more luck moving to Jordan.