Can I just start by saying that I LOVE ISRAEL! Its a first world country. There are no bed bugs. Creepy guys harassing you all the time. People hitting you with their cars. Butting you in line. Yelling at you in a language you don't understand... Best of all - I have no Arabic here. But besides that, its just a really cool place. So far we've mostly just been to biblical sites- which aren't that impressive - but are cool just to think "I'm where Jesus was, Tight."
This is a Synagogue in Capernum, where Jesus would have taught.
Completely unrealted, but there is a kid in our group who has been catching lizards the whole time we've been in the Middle east. And he finally caught the elusive CHAMELEON. It was cool.
I just like this column from the Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth because of the demons on the sides. Check it.
This is Masada. It was King Herod's pleasure castle. And then a bunch of Jewish Zealots holed up in here against the Romans. And when they knew they were going to lose, they committed mass suicide. Women and children and all. Now its a big Jewish Nationalism symbol.
This is me out side of the Branch building in Tiberias. It was amazing to go to church and be able to see the Sea of Galilee out the window the whole time. And church was and hour. Sign me up.
We went to this cool nature reserve, Tel Dan (shout out to my lovely husband) which had MORE BIBLICAL SITES. Imagine that. But it was gorgeous. And thats where the chameleon was found.
5 comments:
Lauren that's awesome! Yay for no bed bugs. I like the demons and the black lizard as well. Beats making hairbows... :)
wow israel looks much better! good for you! Enjoy every minute of your adventure :)
How fun!!! looks so much better... Yeah im excited for you to come back:)...love you!
i caught up and read all your posts. loved them all. keep enjoying your time even if your missing home it does make you greatful. I'm also glad you get to see dan sooner than later
It looks beatiful, what an adventure. Can I come next time???
Post a Comment