Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Creepy Couple without Kids

That’s what Dan and I were when we went to PUMPKIN FEST. I read about it in the newspaper, it was advertised as family fun (they just didn't mention to qualify as a family means you must have a screaming 3 year old.) We went out to the Pumpkin Patch in Carmel Valley and it was a madhouse of children, we felt awkward.

They did have many varieties of pumpkins, I liked the cancerous looking ones

I got this cute mini pumpkin
Dan got this giant gourd for us to carve.

And we got the heck out of pumpkin fest in less than 20 minutes.
Later that night we had some friends ( 6 adults and one toddler, it was a full on party) over for dinner and games- despite Dan and I's anti-game attitudes, it was fun. Dan set the table and did such a more ascetically pleasing job than I would have, I had to take a picture:

Lest I not forget: WE ARE COUCH RICH. That was our big joke, someday we'd be like the people up the street and be so rich we'd have actual furniture. Well, the dream came true, here it is:
Now we can only dream of the day we will be TV rich haha. Its okay, I can watch Glee on Hulu, and thats all that matters.


4 comments:

Aimee said...

I hate children, we would have turned around immediately :) you're one up on us, you are "have our own place rich"

The Burr's said...

I love the new couch!!! very nice addition to the place... I wish we were there to carve pumpkins with ya! Looks like you have become quiet the hostess... looks fun!

Jennifer said...

That's the couch I wanted instead we got what you say. Your place looks nice.

Stephanie said...

Lauren,

I haven't seen you guys since ... B's wedding. I saw your blog on Brenda's & your posts are so fun they made me laugh.

You & Dan are so cute.
Watch out, couples without kids don't last long ... soon you'll be the couple expecting. Someone told me its contagious.

Take care
Stephanie