Hello Internet world this is the first ever posting of “DAN’S MUNCHY MOMENTS!” where I, Dan, post about the exciting world in which Lo and I eat in… So look forward to a non-expert opinion on food and some really cool pictures to back it up.
For the first posting of “DAN’S MUNNCHY MOMENTS!” I have chosen a local Chinese restaurant by the name of “DYNASTY CHINESE” (and yes they didn’t have a “THE” in the front of “DYNASTY CHINESE”). It is literally about 300 yards from our humble home (which now has a couch, ‘we couch rich! Wrd!’) Lo and I picked up my friend ‘razer’ (his name has been changed to protect his identity, but not by much) on our way to the “DYNASTY CHINESE” for the first ever posting of “DAN’S MUNCHY MONENTS!” post review. And can I say I enjoyed everything about this place (the others not so much) from the 3D wallpaper, to the extensively ethnocentric Chinese décor (with all the workers in awesome Chinese outfits! Oh and they were all Chinese also!) To last but not least, the food! (Which was sub-par even by my standards, but it was still good). One of my favorite things about this place was the way that you are treated. Upon finishing all the food on my plate (which in the west is considered a compliment to the chef, but I guess we were in the east then) our server stared at me like a fat freak, replying, “WOW! No one ever finishes their whole plate! But I guess you are big, but still, WOW!” Then she continued staring at me with a mixture of awe and disgust. Which I found to be very funny: having someone who is wearing a ridiculous ‘work uniform/costume’ that capitalizes on all the Chinese stereotypes of the last 200 years, look at ME like I was a freak. But the best part of all about the place is that there is an area where you can put on a Chinese costume and sit on a giant gold throne to have your picture taken. As you will see, I had to do such a thing. The man that was helping me in to my outfit was laughing so hard because he told me that I was the first person to act so ‘silly’ (right before he said ‘silly’ he had to pause, I could see in his tight little eyes that he was searching for the right word as to not offend, which was a first in this establishment for me) while taking these pictures.







5 comments:
Wow...I'd eat there solely for the 3-D wall paper and the Chinese dress up!
Wow. The fact that you're actually posting about restruants complete with a title and everything is hilarious in itself, but then you throw in the chinese spectacularness. Love it! I will be looking forward to future Munchy Moments from now on.
Hey! This place sounds really cool. I like different dress up things:) Looked like you guys had tons of fun there.
Thanks for having us over tonight. We had great time with you guys as always! Looking forward to other gatherings in the future!!! Nearest future!:)
Dan, it's nice to hear from you and I'm glad you didn't write anything about dinner here.
I'm not sure how but we missed the 3-d wallpaper
I enjoyed Dans Munchy moments, cannot wait for the next installment
Post a Comment