Last year for Halloween, Dan and I threw together a vampire costume last minute for the ward Halloween party. We were not well received and I vowed this would never happen again. So starting roughly October 1st this year, I began discussing our costume options w/ Dan and we settled on Alice & Wonderland. However, when I tried to find costumes online, I found this:

Since when did Alice start stripping on the weekends? I was under the impression that she came from a wealthy family (she did have her own tutor) and didn't need to dance at Little Darlings for extra cash. After finding this out, and being completely high at the time (not really), I thought "I can sew my own costume!" Except, I can't sew.
This was the final product after countless youtube videos on how to sew gathers, multiple meltdowns, one suicide attempt, and a lot of Diet coke. Just don't get close enough to inspect the seams.

Dan was the Cheshire cat, and it should be noted he sewed his own ears. I was too unstable after my costume to do much work on his.
This year we were well received in our ward - even though our trunk was decorated rather shoddily for the trunk or treating.
Our main competitors in the couple coordinated costume division: Calvin & Hobbes.
On Halloween Eve, we celebrated Oktoberfest/Pumpkin Fest with Leana & Mark. It was awesome and here we are with our pumpkins. Mine is a bit bigger than everyone elses'. Just a little bit. Take Home Message: Just buy your costume, don't under any circumstances make your own. It is better to be Slutty, than to sew.



6 comments:
You're hilarious! Haha
Looks like stripes were in this halloween:)
Oh Lauren you make me smile.
I love when you post you make me laugh. I'll bet despite your frustrations you sew again.
Your costume looks great! I have a sewing machine and don't really have the patience to start working on something yet... I actually don't even know how to thread the machine :)
Lauren...I'm so proud of you. It's all about the overall look NOT the details. This brought back some great memories of pajama pants. You and Dan are so cute. This is from Liane...Danielle helped me so I could write to you.
Post a Comment