Friday, January 1, 2010

REAL Christmas, not GHETTO Christmas


Compare my Parents tree to our Dollar Tree version. I was very glad to be home to a real Christmas. Christmas just isn't the same traditional thing without the Family & all that accompanies it.
We arrived in STG Christmas Eve day and got to see B and her darling babe! It was so fun to be able to see her and meet her little man finally. I really miss seeing my friends.
Christmas Eve Feast.
Traditional Christmas Eve Sugar Cookie Contest. Look for the worst cookies on there, those are mine. The artistic/patient/skilled gene totally passed me over.
Traditional chains to break through on Christmas Morning.
My mom got a bike and a basket. Now she can further her green ambitions by using her beach cruiser to make Relief Society delieveries.
Dan got a knife, obviously. His big gift already on his wrist, a Suunto watch! Besides telling time it has a baramoter, altimeter, compass, gives STORM WARNINGS and makes almond roha too! Just kidding about the Almond Roca, I wish.
Watching my sisters open their "teenager gifts" of trendy jeans and jewelry made me feel old. But thats okay, I love my new bakeware and cookbooks! Le Cruset rocks my world more than MEK jeans ever could.
What do you give the man who has everything. A Shaun of the Dead doll obviously. Dad loved it.
Speaking of my Dad, he went to get a pre-Christmas Hair cut at his usual Great Clips (He always balks at me and my Sister's "Fancy Cat Hair Cutting Salon" and the more than $4 it costs to get a haircut there). He asked the girl working there for an 8 on top and a 2 on the sides. Next thing he knows she says "Uh oh." Yeah, she buzzed the top of his head with a 2. But no worries, he'll still go back. They comped him the botched hair cut, and gave him three "sorry" cards, good for a discount hair cut. Perhaps he will learn you get what you pay for. But probably not.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Okay that sign IS hilarious! Like who says that?? I love my way awesome life!!! Just in case you think I'm miserable, I'm really not, see look at my widget. It was fun seeing you guys. Can't wait til you live in Utah again!

The Burr's said...

I Love the bake ware and cookbooks! Isn't funny how priorities change. It looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! It was so good to see you two and your family... I can't believe how grown up your sisters are! I love the picture you took of Brek and me... You should become a pro! I would hire you!!!