Monday, January 4, 2010

Rocket Day is Awesome

My Dad sometimes has random ideas. And sometimes these ideas turn into family activites, one such example: Rocket Day. This new tradition consists of the family dividing in teams (fighting) and assembling model rockets post-Christmas. They are then launched, with the longest flight time winning.
Much care and concentration was put into the assembly process, as demonstrated by Mom.
Dan was the only loner, no one wanted to be his partner :( Probably because he talked a lot of crap. A lot. And after 3 rounds of rocket launching, it looked like he was going to win. Which was not cool.
But wait, on Kat and Dad's last launch, a Christmas miracle occured: their parachute deployed.
Dad's cool victory dance. It was really a sight to be seen.
The Winner Winner's of the chicken dinner!
In addition to the exitment of ROCKET DAY, we went to vegas. Anna decided we should stay at the Pyramid Hotel, so the Luxor it was. We saw a Cirque De Soile show, KA - it was... epic? We also went to the Atomic Testing Muesem, which we feared was Dad trying to make an othewise enjoyable trip "educational." But it was cool! And lastly, being that I turned 21 in a Muslim Country, I decided it was time for some make up Legal Adult Celebration. No vodka or Strip clubs. I opted for the (fairly) benign sin of putting a dollar in a slot, and I won $8! Thats right, a net gain of 7 bones! I know, I know - HIGH ROLLER. ( And I may look a bit faded in the pic with my winnings, but Im not, just photogenic really.)
New Years eve we played pretty safe too - I made some (virgin) Pina Coladas and a cheese ball.
Cedric however looks like he had a few too many to ring in the New Year.

3 comments:

The Burr's said...

7 bucks... Im impressed! Im glad you got to enjoy the adult freedom of gambling! How can you not have fun in Vegas! Rockets are a sweet tradition... i remember launching one in nineth grade I think? Yep with spots!

Лена said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas break! So many fun activities. I felt like a couch potato last two weeks... a lot of sitting down activities... lol!

Aimee said...

i too celebrated in such fashion. but i lost, and poorly I hate gambling now. don't get addicted 7 bones is a lot of money to win