Good News: We get told that Dan has been assigned French, starting May 5th! That means I can be back to BYU for Fall semester (when the classes I need to Graduate are offered)!!!
Bad News: That same night, I discover that since I haven't been at BYU since last Summer, I must reapply as a Returning Student. And I have already missed the re-application deadline for Fall.
Good News: I then get an appointment to petition my case to an Admission Board member.
Bad News: We then find out Dan does not have a guaranteed French spot till September! He's simply wait listed for all French classes till then, including the one in May.
So, if you could, keep your fingers crossed that :
1) I get back into BYU for fall
2) Dan gets to start French in May.
Oh the Joys of the Army, no control over one's own life. This has definitely
been a lesson in patience for moi (thats French).
Easter is coming up! Another one of my favorite holidays. Dan was assigned to give an Easter talk this last Sunday on the Atonement, which we decided called for a new church shirt - he's been looking kinda shabby. (The last time Dan bought any new Church wear was before his mission. Let's just say he's not 20 anymore.) We wandered in to Macy's 15 mins before closing Saturday night, found a great deal on a suit, and ended up buying the whole kit and caboodle. The Easter Bunny came early this year for Dan!
(I picked out this Snazzy Purple Paisley tie)
(Modeling his new suit while sneaking pastels M&Ms from my Easter decor)
Dan has a pretty intense fear of needles. So when I heard that he was giving blood (to get out of PT haha) I knew I had to see this. Plus, i've been wanting to give blood myself.
My needle phobe husband actually handled it like a champ, though he had to look away. I had no problem watching myself or others, but when it was time to stand up it got a little strange. I've never passed out before so I didn't know what was going on. My ears were ringing, things were spinning, and then closing in. They laid me down and fed me Kool-Aid and cookies and Illhamdu Lillah, I made a full recovery.
( Don't mind that I look like a Heroin addict. Im not. They screen for that.)
Our donated blood will be shipped to Service Members in Afghanistan/Iraq, so in addition to woozy, I also felt warm and fuzzy.
Our donated blood will be shipped to Service Members in Afghanistan/Iraq, so in addition to woozy, I also felt warm and fuzzy.
Making a New Recipe. Mark and Leana had us over for a St. Patricks Day/ Leana got her Green Card (congrats Leana!)/ Jesse's Birthday Party. Keeping w/ the Irish theme, I tried making some Soda Bread. Its pretty much a giant drop biscuit, which is actually tasty. On the topic of food, there is perhaps a DAN'S MUNCHY MOMENT in the works. Be excited.
5 comments:
That would be awesome to have you two back in Utah for the fall!I will be praying for you and Dan:) I love Dan's new suit! Very nice... Kade would be jealous of the sweet paisley tie! Im proud you gave blood. After being pregnant and having my blood drawn so much I don't know that ill ever donate ha. I hate getting it drawn though!! I look forward to Dan's munching moments... its been too long;)
Oh man. Isn't it always JUST when you think you have things figured out that the army goes and pulls a fast one! Hope all works out. I'm sure you'll get back into BYU... I've had to petition a few things, and they are usually pretty understanding. So let's just hope the French in May thing works out. And hats off to you guys for giving blood. I'm a total phobe about giving blood (not needles, just my blood being taken... and IV's), so I'm always glad I'm not allowed to because I'm usually one the border of anemia. ha! Can't wait for the Easter Spectacular!!!
ok way to give blood! I love the new suit for dan as well very stylish! Good luck on BYU we might be there in the fall as well so we could party it up!
You got to love living the military life. I hope it all works out for you two let me know if I can help with anything (mostly moral support seeing as I am so far away).
I love fun ties, Daniel now has a lot!
I used to give blood all the time and had no problem watching the needle either I had to stop because I started fainting and vomiting a lot, sure you wanted to know. good luck your in my prayers
Post a Comment