Sunday, August 29, 2010

Don't Drink the Rockstars!

Something enviably goes wrong. Always. This time it was Dan's kidneys. Things were all going according to plan Thursday night, by 9:00 pm we were packed and ready to depart for LA as soon as I got off work the next day. But then Dan got really bad lower back pain. Started shaking/ vomiting. We knew what this meant : KIDNEY STONES. He had a delightful experience with them his first day in the MTC, so he knew what was up - and thus we headed to the ER. After a quick 3.5 hour wait in a room filled with screaming hispanic babies, angry Arab DLI teachers, and an assortment of other late night people, we got put in a room. But by this point, THREE AND HALF HOURS AFTER WE CAME, Dan had already peed sufficient blood and experienced enough pain that he passed the stone. A five minute visit with a surly doctor resulted in a prescription, and us finally being free around 3 am. Awesome Night. As for the title, Dan was an energy drink addict when he had his first stone years ago, and he had his first Rockstar in quite a while the night before this stone. Coincidence? Probably. 
But I think they are disgusting, so I have my own theory: 
 Energy Drinks Kill.

5 comments:

Лена said...

I never had to deal with pain like that. I'm glad that at the end it all worked out. I will never ever drink energy drinks(never have)!

Jane said...

Ew that sucks!! I hate energy drinks. They should just put apple juice in the cans so guys who want to look cool won't have to drink that crap. :D

Jennifer said...

I tell Daniel all the time not to drink that crap. He drinks about two a day and then his Dr Pepper on top of it. I'm just waiting for his kidneys to give up. I even made him read that article in the Ensign about 2 yrs ago about how energy drinks are bad, did he listen no.

Aimee said...

Amen. I keep trying to tell Chris it may be the root of all his ailments.

*ehu. said...

Mealy & his Kidney stones! I remember that next day at the MTC when we were all wondering "WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO ELDER MEALY & ELDER PORTER?!?!" We totally thought they took off/went home. Yeah, some of us felt like schmucks for thinking that. But we were so grateful they returned!!!