Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The things I will do for Sun

Let's just say that I'm not really a heights person (as evidenced by my reaction to zip lining). But I am really a sun person. Thus Dan was able to lure me on a Columbus Day rock climbing adventure, under the pretense that I could just watch and soak up the blazing 95 degree sun. Once there however, it became clear that I would have defend my honor, put my cute purple harness to use, and climb. 
I was a wee bit worried I wouldn't be able to do it, being that my upper body strength is comparable to a newborn kitten's. But I surprised myself, and probably everyone else, when I made it to the top. It was actually a semi-enjoyable experience. 
Dan loves Rapelling, and pulling goofy faces.
Dan belayed almost the whole time, so I kept him company, and got my Vitamin D fix. It was lovely. 
(one of my veteran sunbeams, last halloween)
Sunbeam Story of the Week:
We recently acquired a new little friend in our primary class. He's an extremely intelligent little guy who happens to prefer to be addressed as J-Horse, rather than his normal given name. On Sunday I had the pleasure of accompanying J-Horse to the bathroom. He entered the Men's Restroom and promptly came back out, "I can't use the bathroom when other people are in there." As a bashful bathroom user myself, I understood the aversion and we patiently waited for the bathroom to become vacant. J-Horse finally got the bathroom solitude he needed, but this time he exited nearly in tears, "I accidently got pee on my shirt! I was worried something like this would happen..." I kept from laughing long enough to get him to calm down and consent to return to the remaining 5 minutes of class till his mom could come to get him. We were outside the classroom door when he paused, turned to me, and said: "You must promise me that you will never tell anyone about this."
This is me, not keeping my word, for the good of my blog.
J-horse is new, but he will soon learn what the other beamers already know:
Sister Mealy cannot be trusted.

5 comments:

Лена said...

Look at you, zip lining, rock-climbing! So adventurous! Thanks for sharing a sunbeam story. Kids are cool, that's why we're getting us one of our own:) lol

Rick and Sue said...

Lauren, I am way super impressed with your blogging skills. I have soooo much to learn from you! Really though, way cute blog. I will someday find the motivation to add more to mine...

Jennifer said...

That story is so funny, there is nowhere better then primary.

Most people don't realize rock climbing (for the most part)has nothing to do with upper body strength its all about the legs baby. Since you run it's all about your legs. Your awesome.

Anna said...

Once you are a Utahan again we will put our newborn kitten strength to use together, climbing all the rocks that Utah has to offer! I think I can one up your bathroom story I will have to share it with you.

Aimee said...

We had the exact same sunbeam story, except it was Chris who peed on his shirt and the sunbeam tattled to me