Happiness has abounded the past week (or so):
I can now cross one more thing off of my Monterey Bucket List:
"Go to Santa Cruz Boardwalk."It ended up being exactly like Lagoon. Except for - and I didn't think this was possible - it's dirtier. The boys became obsessed with winning those silly prize booths. But alas, the milk carton knock down humbled the Mighty Artichoke Champion. Only Pete walked away with a beat up stuffed animal for his adoring wife.... Dan was left empty handed (And with $10 less allowance).
I can now cross one more thing off of my Monterey Bucket List:
"Go to Santa Cruz Boardwalk."It ended up being exactly like Lagoon. Except for - and I didn't think this was possible - it's dirtier. The boys became obsessed with winning those silly prize booths. But alas, the milk carton knock down humbled the Mighty Artichoke Champion. Only Pete walked away with a beat up stuffed animal for his adoring wife.... Dan was left empty handed (And with $10 less allowance).
Valentine's Day consisted of our traditional Pizza Hut pizza and wings, ghetto deliciousness at its best. Served with a fine bottle Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi, it was a special occasion. Dan got his traditional gift: a violent video game. My gift however was completely original, I got a SNUGGIE!!! I can now not just drape myself in a blanket while going about household chores, but actually WEAR a blanket while going about household chores. It also has pockets large enough to carry a small monkey about. Awesome. Valentines success.
I've enjoyed a baking streak last week, thanks to such excuses as my bosses b-day, Dan's class v-day party, and a baby blessing. Let's just enjoy the beauty that is four batches of cookies, whoopie pies, chocolate peanut butter bars and a cheesecake and not count calories, shall we?
Lastly, but certainly not least, we got to spend a long weekend in Utah! It was a lot of fun to see family and be able to be part of Charlie's blessing day. Many friends and family came over post church for food & fun. I ate myself sick.
This little monkey is still slow to warm up to Dan, but we have a blast with our favorite niece.
Throwing her in the air (sometimes into light fixtures- sorry!), tickling her, bouncing her on the medicine ball, painting her tiny nails, "reading" books and sneaking her M&Ms...
On Saturday we went down to our beloved SLC for a date night at our favorite (well it's tied with The Pie) place: Charlie Chow's Dragon Grill. I also got to go to my favorite mall in the world: Fashion Place.
Monday morning before we left, we met up in SLC at the Pancake House for breakfast out with the Streeters. Oh how we've missed them. We anxiously await Mark's forthcoming political blog, as Dan and I both rely on him for all of our political opinions.







2 comments:
Your snuggie looks awesome. I wish ours had pockets. We had a blast hanging out with you guys! We're looking forward to many more breakfasts and other activities together. P.S: Mark is working on his blog's name. So, as soon as he find the right one - it's on.
your so cute lauren!
Post a Comment