Sunday, February 27, 2011

Partial Redemption

At long last, we set out to rectify last month's bad experience. On Stake Temple Day we ventured to Oakland with the Maloys and Monsons. It turned out to be the first time I've ever gone to the Temple and actually ENJOYED (not merely survived) it. What made the difference? One word: Sealings. We arrived just as an Endowment session was starting, so we weighed our other options and decided on Sealings. It was my first time (well since I got married) to participate in a one. Our Sealer was awesome. He shared several inspirations and thoughts throughout our time with him plus he spoke French. Dan is constantly on the prowl for French speakers to chat with, so you can imagine his elation when we found out our sealer went on his mission to France, and had been the Mission President in Paris. The end of it all was great too. I felt like I had cheated death when after we were done & they ushered us into the Celestial Room. Awesome, all the gain with none of the pain. Good/Spiritual times were had by all.  
Now I just need to learn to replicate this positivity with the Endowment Session next month... 
{dan & pete = not happy, bleu ribbon burger issues}
After my redeeming experience, we ventured to Red Robin that Dan might have his. Sadly, it was not to be. The service was really bad - and the food wasn't great either. We even got off of the Atkin's Induction Wagon for this one meal, so wasn't worth it. Poor Dan, dashed dreams. (I wasn't too heartbroken, I kind of hate RR.) I think someone needs to pick a new favorite restaurant. Cafe Rio has NEVER left me high and dry. Just sayin'...

3 comments:

mom mealy said...

Sealings are so much more fun to do when you are not doing your own and stressing out. Glad to hear the temple was a positive experience. Nice to be there with friends too. Red Robin will NEVER be as good as Cafe Rio! When you come back to Utah you can have it often. But remember I love your cream laden soups and cheesecakes best of all.

Лена said...

Glad your temple trip was a success this time:) Hopefully, it'll get only better. As for RR... Dan will have to wait for a couple more months to truly enjoy it:)

The Burr's said...

Yeah!! Im so glad you had an enjoyable time with the experience of sealings! It is good to mix it up when you attend... plus sealings keep you awake, and usually dont take as long! Win, Win!