Sunday, April 10, 2011

Showering "Baby on Board" Sue & Baby Silver Bullet

I love Sue, she is one of the sweetest people I know and has long wanted a baby (It blows my mind, but I can respect it). Baby Maloy was long anticipated, Bonni and I were excited to put together a shower for her. When we began plotting this party Sue had just had an ultrasound where the doctor was "75% sure its a boy" due to "suggestions of a penis".  We proceeded on this information to plan a boy pirate baby shower with the tag line "Ahoy, its a boy!" Well, a few weeks & another ultrasound later and Dr. Walker now was "90% its a girl." hahaha. 

So we transitioned to a somewhat gender nuetral but in all honesty girly palate of spring pastels and easterish animals with a tagline, "A baby is about to hatch!" Then, 2 days before the shower, Sue has a 3rd ultrasound where Dr. Walker now pronounced baby Maloy "99% a boy, look at that man missile!" Despite "baby silver bullet" lack of cooperation, I think the shower was a success!
 For me, any type of gathering is all about THE FOOD! We had Creme Brulee French Toast, Poppy Seed Sandwiches, Fruit & Dip, Banana Bread, Coconut Cupcakes, and Frosted Sugar Cookies! Yeah, I'm still reeling.
I saw mini glass bottles and striped straws on a party blog and could not sleep till I made them mine!
I don't care for coconut, but these cupcakes were too well coordinated to the theme to pass up.
Sue insisted on making her own favors, these darling caramel apples that turned out just like Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory's!
That's right, I sewed a bunting flag banner. I'm one wallpapered closet away from being a mormon mommy craft blogger. Kill me now.
Thank you to everyone who came! There were some really fun girls who supported and I definitely had fun chatting it up. As well as talking, we played the "candy bar diaper game" and a quiz game where we had Sue try to match Rick's answers to baby related questions. 
Sue scored some great presents.
Yeah for Rick & Sue on their upcoming BOY!
May all his gender confusion be over forevermore.
We love you Baby Silver Bullet. 
Congrats!

6 comments:

Лена said...

You always throw a fun parties! It's funny about the gender. It'll be funny to find out if it really will be a boy!:) I remember a family where ALL ultrasound showed a boy, but came out a girl!:) (secretly, I was coming up with a girl version of Aleks' name. something like Stephanie Alexis :)) lol

Rick and Sue said...

Oh Lauren and Bonni I seriously don't know how to thank you enough! It was so much fun and I of course enjoyed every second of it. For some reason I am getting to an extremely emotional part in my pregnancy and needless to say I totally went home and let the tears of happiness flow that I have great friends like you in my life. I know a little corny but I will miss you tons when you leave so soon! But not to worry we will be in the promised land of Utah mid/late July with our "little silver bullet!" Seriously Lauren is the best party planner ever and the food was AMAZING!

Aimee said...

so i hope anyone I have ever thrown a shower for never sees your blog. They will feel so ripped off. You are amazing

The Terry's said...

thats so cute, i love idea! seriously you need to plan my next baby shower when ever that is. i had the same thing happen to my husband and me when we tried to find out what we were having.

Jane said...

You throw an awful lot of baby showers. Your food looks so yummy! I would die if I was told the gender of my baby that many different times. Crazy!

Jennifer said...

Are you for hire? I might have you throw one for me even if it's my third. I want the pretty decorations and all the yummy food.