Sunday, June 5, 2011

No news isn't necessarily good news

Good News: I got a job!
Bad News: It's being a waitress at Applebee's. Yes, you heard me right: APPLEBEE'S. Which on the chain restaurant totem pole is at the very bottom. I'm talkin worse than Winger's. To be honest, that's why I haven't blogged in forever. I'm actually super embarrassed about my job and have been avoiding telling anyone about it... Well time to stop that. I'm going to try and embrace it. 
There are worse jobs right?
 Like ummm... I'll keep thinking
Good News: Two interviews and a formal petition later, I got back into BYU!
Bad News: In an ultimate bit of irony, while driving home from BYU Salt Lake Center where I was getting a UTA pass (now that I'm a student I can ride the TRAX FOR FREE!), our Civic was hit by a UTA bus while we were stopped at a red light. It turned too wide and scratched up the side of the car and broke off our mirror. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ridiculous. 

In other, more neutral news:
I got a bountiful basket. I have been eating twenty mangos by myself for the past week. Never again.
On the 1st Dan turned the big 2-8! The birthday monster in me had a hard time coping with how terribly low key his b-day was. He was at school all day, I was at work all day, and he had a boxed brownie mix in lieu of a multi tiered cake like last year (per his request). We did however find time to have lunch at Red Robin together. Nothing like a blue ribbon burger with bacon to celebrate a milestone. 
Leana and Aleks came down to visit and we made a grip of strawberry (and some Mango from my ridiculous Bountiful Basket) jam. Delicious. 

We need more exciting news. MSLA is welcoming any and all visitors. 
We can offer you Mangos. Lots and lots of Mangos. 

8 comments:

Haylee Caplin said...

Congrats on getting a job and getting back into BYU, don't be ashamed! Things will start working out for you! We'll have to get together again soon!

Kiersten Benson said...

i do not know where working at the pastry pub and wearing a head kerchief falls on the food service totem pole but it is not far from applebees. Come visit me.

Aimee said...

Hooray you got back into school. Good for you. I have to say though....I've never had a good Applebees experience but hey, you have a job and that is good.

Jennifer said...

At least your making some money, a jobs a job, though I would never stoop so low as to be a waitress. ;P

I love bountiful baskets, you can send some of those mangos our way my kids can't eat them fast enough.

Ashley said...

When I tell people where I work (LUSH) they think it's a bar or a strip club. At least you won't have to do any explaining when you tell people you work at Applebees! And you must get free food or something, right? Welcome back to the student life!

Лена said...

It was fun!!! Can't wait for more parties with you guys!!!

Bonni and Pete said...

sad we couldn't celebrate Dan's big day, but it sounds like it was exciting. Also, I would love some mango strawberry jam. and congrats on joining the holy mob again.

The Burr's said...

Glad you got back into school, and a job!!! Any job beats no job at all! At least applebees has air conditioning, could be worse:) Ha thats funny you didnt like the basket, we love it! but yes there are things we get that we struggle with... We learned to make mango, pinneapple, and banana smoothies, super good!! The poor civic has gone so long with out any real damage... ha what are the chances? You are so domestic, i love it! I want to come hang out soon..