Summer Goal #9
"Complete a Craft/Sewing Project" √
My niece, Molly, is a girl after my own heart. She refers to herself as princess, refuses to wear anything but dresses, and introduced me to my new favorite movie: Tangled. Her second birthday presented me with the perfect opportunity to craft a tutu. I've been wanting to make one for sometime - but its not as cute to put one on a 23 year old for awkward photo-shoots... I went ahead and made a crown and wand while I was in homemaking mode.
I was a wee bit worried as she opened her present that she may refuse the tutu. It did look awfully itchy to my texture phobe self...
To my delight, this was not the case. She happily twirled about in it all night. And looked quite darling doing so, I must say.
We sang Happy Birthday (a couple times) and blew out candles (again, again) and had a lovely evening with Dan's family.
I still have leftover tulle.
Adult tutu, anyone?






8 comments:
That tutu looks soo cute!!! Too bad Aleks is not Aleksis or something like that:)
Très chic! You could start a business with that crown/wand/tutu ensemble, very cute & Congrats for crossing something off your goal list!
So cute and your pics of molly are great! You should make me a tinkerbell ensemble for halloween!
Nice! I'm thoroughly impressed. What a good present to your cute little niece. You didn't want to get her a mini hair feather?
I had a tutu made for me just over a year ago. I even had the wand. But the outcome was quite the opposite. You did awesome and she looked so dang cute
Molly is still dancing about it the amazing tutu you made! Your gift was by far her fav...between that and the tangled doll, you (and Dan) are her best friends! Tim asked her who made her skirt and she said "Aunt Lo daddy!" glad we could help cross something off your list. BTW...you could totally sell those!!!!
You are so dang crafty!!!! The tutu is beautiful, and the accessories?!! You could really start a business they were so stinking cute!
too bad we cannot be crafty together. We will have to come up with a sewing day.
Post a Comment