Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Obsessions

I have this horrible little quirk in my personality. I get obsessed easily. With dumb things. Mostly when I have too much time on my hands - which is now- being that I'm pre-employed and all. I'm hoping that somehow blogging about them will allow me to let them go, without spending any money:

Hair Feathers
Hair feathers appear to be all the rage. And I kinda really want a purple one. But then again, I don't really want to look like every 14 year old girl in Utah county - already made that mistake w/ my pink glitter Toms.
Fake Eyelashes
Another current fad I'm wanting: eyelash extensions. The girl who taught my lululemon bootcamp class had them. And if a lulu ambassador has them, you know they're cool!!!


Essie nail polish
Fairly benign obsession right? Except that I want to have every single color. At $8 a pop they can add up quickly. Especially since they taunt me every single time I go to my favorite Smith's. I can only cut so much food out of the grocery budget for my Essie habit...

lululemon gear
I thought lulu was big in Monterey, but its way more popular here. My favorite spin teacher at the U has an amazing collection of lulu outfits. It's hard to focus getting a good workout when all I can concentrate on is how jealous I am of my teacher's hot pink ruched tank top and coordinating run tights. 
Ice Cream Maker
The weather finally decided it is summer up here and its like a million degrees. The thought of turning on my oven and further heating our house makes me want to die. This is severely impeding my baking need of turning out several cookie recipes a week. I need an outlet for my culinary creativity! I have turned to obsessively finding homemade ice cream recipes on the internet. Except, I don't have an ice cream maker. I longingly eye the one at Sur La table every time we walk through the gateway. You shall be mine!
I totally feel better now. I in no way still want to spend money that I shouldn't. I am at peace with what I have and have no desire for other things.
(Note: I am lying.)

7 comments:

Лена said...

I want hair feathers, too. Aleks would love to pull them out... Never mind, I'm not getting them...:)

The Burr's said...

Mmm So many obsessions... The ice cream maker gets my vote!

Ashley said...

Two things:

1. I got hair feathers once. It was awesome...until they fell out two weeks later. It wasn't as exciting as I hoped it would be so I never put them back in. And it's true - everyone has them now! You should go for the tinsel extensions.

2. I had the same problem with Essie (and nail polish in general) but I thought since it was $8 it would last longer on my nails. But I don't feel like it lasts any longer than the $2 bottles I get at Walgreens. Soooo I'm a little over it...if they just didn't have such fantastic colors!

I'm just glad to know what I'm not the only one who goes through phases of obsessions. Mine are nerdy though - like documentaries about tattoos or the failing condition of our planet. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your ice cream maker!

chickster said...

Ooo I've really wanted to try the hair feathers and the tinsel - an old coworker had them and you just knew she was NOT the typical govt contractor =) Have you seen the Sally Hanson Nail Strips? That's my obsession right now! So easy to apply and cute designs.

Jaime said...

What is lulumon bootcamp? I haven't heard of it. It sounds like a workout but then you mentioned lulu clothing and that makes me wonder?? I vote for the ice cream maker because you'll use and like it the longest.

Kiersten Benson said...

take the plunge and get a hair feather mine only cost 5 bucks!

Aimee said...

mmm ice cream..I would totally get that if I wouldn't loose the money and gain 50 lbs in the process.