Sunday, July 10, 2011

Six Things of Late

1) School Started
At last I returned to BYU! Well the Salt Lake Center anyway. Which is way cooler that Provo, you can drink a diet pepsi in class and no one freaks out! Which is very necessary being that I have class from 2-9 at night. I often find myself in History with very heavy eyelids, "It's tired in here!"*

Probably the last thing on earth that I need is a new internet hobby to stand between me and productivity. Well, I have one anyway: Pinterest. It's addicting. It allows me to organize all the cool things I find while indulging in my other internet time wasters (ie blogs) and peruse what treasures other people have found. Like this awesome "tip jar" Ashley pinned - I think it should be Dan and I's FHE tomorrow.  It's amazing. Don't get in to it, or your laundry pile will get larger and larger. You were warned.
3) New Running Kicks!
Birthday money in hand, I went to the Salt Lake Running Company to get evaluated and get some new shoes (my current nike frees are dead). It was so saddening to have my gait analyzed and then be presented only with the ugly running shoes. Why cant I be matched with any of the cute pairs they had? I quickly got over it as I went for my first double digit training run and felt the awesomeness that is cushioned shoes. Sadly, they don't make me any faster and I still get passed by jogging stollers. On a regular basis.  
4) Cinnamon Sugar Toast
I was deathly ill last week. Like "threw up everything I ingested including flat sprite" kinda sick. The only thing I could palate for two days was toast. And Dan made me the BEST TOAST OF MY LIFE. Cinnamon Sugar Toast w/ his secret recipe. Which is basically broiling it in the oven. Delicious. 
5) The Lamest 4th of July. Ever. In the History of Mankind. 
Dan and I both worked the all day/night. Let's just say there is a lot of hopes and dreams riding on Pioneer Day to make up for the lack of bbqs/fireworks/parades/patriotism/fun that was lost out on. 

6) Dan's Family
It's nice living in Utah because were so much closer to family! All Dan's family came down so we could get a group photo before his sister's family moves to san diego. Also, Nana came to visit from Idaho and took us out to the Blue Iguana. I love family. And mexican food. A lot. The End.

*quote from perhaps my favorite arrested development character: buster 

5 comments:

Лена said...

I'm sorry, you were so sick AND had to work on the 4th. No fun. I heard about pinterest, but haven't gotten time to really check it out... probably shouldn't... for now. Congrats on new shoes!!!:)

The Burr's said...

Yeah for going back to school, im so proud, and slightly jealous:)! We will have to make up for the lame fourth and have a big bbq and play with poppers ha. I like your new shoes! You will have to let us know how the double digit run went? exciting:)

Ashley said...

I'm famous! I hate/love pinterest. And yay for being back in school! Too bad you didn't get to experience a CA community college, nobody would notice your diet pepsi with the kid(s) who smells like weed in the room...

Jane said...

ugh I'm sorry you were so sick. You look so pretty in your family picture. I'm pretty sure we have the exact same picture with Merrill's family too.

Courtney B said...

2-9?? I don't know how you do it! I wouldn't make it through!
And I don't know what my deal is...I really need to start pinning!!