My main activity this week was hunting down my bishop. The great and abominable institution known as THE BYU didn’t accept my ecclesiastical endorsement, apparently I had the wrong form. I couldn’t register for classes or apply for graduation, which I urgently needed to do. I already had the interviews with both my bishop and stake president (not easily accomplished); I just needed a signature on the right form. I can’t even tell you how tempted I was to forge it. Our bishop is like an elusive white wolf. I called his home, his cell, left multiple messages. Emailed him. Called the 1st counselor. Called the 2nd counselor. Called the executive secretary. Dan left threatening messages. I’m not joking. Living in a ghetto downtown branch is no joke! On Sunday we showed up to Stake Conference, Dan monitoring one door, me monitoring the other. Somehow, he got past us. Luckily I spotted him in the pews after the service had started. I sat directly behind him and didn’t take my eyes off his bald head. Finally, after a lovely two hour wait, the meeting ended and I forced a pen into his hand. He offered no reason whatsoever for ignoring me. Whatever. I have my signature.
Carving pumpkins is a Mealy-Streeter tradition that had to be carried on. Mark and Leana had us up to their place and though Dan refused to get his hands covered in guts (what kinda boy is he?), we still produced a team skeleton pumpkin.
We were muertos, you know, the day of the dead skeletons that Dan and I have quiet an affinity for? Next year its back to the hard-core sewing themed costumes.
(Bonni, you’re going to be in SLC and throw a party right?)
Despite it being Halloween and all, the scariest thing to happen this week was SNOW. Me and my frostbitten hands aren't ready for this. Luckily, I get to go home this weekend and warm myself.
![]() |
| {best thing to happen to my life. i wish it came with a cat} Until then, if you need to find me, I will be curled in a ball in front of my heat lamp. |


4 comments:
You kill me!! I dont know what i would do with out the entertainment of your life, and witty humor! I like your sweet costumes. I'm also glad you tracked down your bishop ha.. thats dumb he was ignoring you!
Those heat lamps are the best! Thanks for partying with us on Halloween!
wow, scary Halloween costumes! I'm glad you got your endorsement letter. It takes forever to get those interviews, I couldn't imagine having to track the stake president down again!
I think you need to blog more your post always make me smile.
You guys look creepy maybe you should wear them to church and see if your bishop learns your names then.
Post a Comment