Sunday, March 25, 2012

the capstone paper from hell. or chechyna.

{zombie lauren. don't be jealous of how cute i look.}
After watching 4.5 million zombie movies with Dan, I've come to wonder what I'd look like/ be like in Zombie Lauren form. I need to wonder no more, I found out by staying awake (I use that term loosely) for a full 48 hours. You see, I had this Capstone Paper, a lovely 40 page Arabic laced Capstone paper that I've know about since the begining of the semester, yet in true Lauren fashion decided to wait to the last humanely possible second to begin writing. 
{when I asked dan at 1 am to go out an buy me some coke to take to school the next day, I didn't know he'd get a liter. yes, I have no shame, i carried the liter around byu with me.}
{A few times, when I started to freak out, i'd stack my reference books into towers. it helped me chill out. and look like a psychopath}
Enter two days of living in the UofU library, alternately crying, staring at a blank screen, and drinking diet coke. Of course, the night before it was due I got sick (pretty sure food poisoning), so I was alternately vomiting diet coke and writing poorly constructed sentences. It. Was. Awful. 
Both the experience and my paper on the Islamization of Chechens. 
Luckily I had a wonderful weekend of laziness to recuperate. My sister Anna came up to go to "A Day" at Utah State, I accompanied her for moral support. We then spent the rest of the weekend watching The Hunger Games (so good!), going to the new City Creek Mall (so crowded we only stayed for a few minutes), and laying on the couch watching Dexter and drinking Super Big Gulps.
 I'm so glad I've converted another to my sick amount of soda drinking. No, its not paleo friendly, but come on, I have to choose one thing to make life still worth living. And I choose Diet Coke. 

5 comments:

The Burr's said...

Wow...40 pages! How could you write that much, really? I'm glad you got thru it.. and didn't die in the process! That's fun you got to hang out with Anna and relax. I heard that movie was really good. Where is that mall at? I'm way out of things... ha.

Лена said...

I'm so jealous. Not of your paper but that you've seen the Hunger Games already. We're going to next Friday and I can't wait!

Kiersten Benson said...

Glad you got your paper pulled together. Zombie Lauren still looks hot after 2 days sustained only by caffiene. I'm bummed I missed you and Anna. I spent the weekend spiting happy valley by drinking enough caffiene to reanimate king kong and watching scandalous UK dramas on your netflix account. cheers.

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry your paper and being sick was so awful but at least it's over. I'm also glad you go to enjoy the weekend with your sister and you husband loves you enought to go get you a soda at 1am.

Kiersten Benson said...

Also, you need to change your header from a donut to a hunk of meat.