1) I got to see my parents + Kat last weekend, though the
circumstances were less than ideal. My dad came up to have surgery at the U of
U. He’d already had surgery down in St. George, but there was so much scar
tissue that he was still having problems (he got a bad infection)… Poor man was
in a lot of pain. Hopefully things heal up properly after this surgery and he
can FINALLY get better (all these problems are still from his accident in
Belize, in December!) Bensons show love with balloons, so Kat got these awesome
ones to bring to my dad while he was staying in the hospital, but alas was turned
away at the front desk. Stupid Latex rules.
2) My GOTR Season has started
I was pretty nervous going into this coaching gig, but so
far, its been awesome. The girls are all really amazing – we have a very
diverse team coming from all spectrums of the cultural and socioeconomic scale,
but they are all kind to each other and work really well together. One of my favorite
things so far was our lesson on positive self talk. After the lesson, we ran
our laps and at each lap we would give the girls a positive self message to
repeat for the lap, like “I am beautiful!” It was so fun to see the girls beam
when we told them something positive, and it was even better when we reversed
roles and me and my co-coach had to run as the girls gave us positive messages.
I really felt all warm and fuzzy from all the good things the girls had to tell
me. Next week were talking about body image – a lesson I think I need more than
the girls – and I’m really excited for it. We end our practices with a group
cheer, “GIRLS ON THE RUN IS SO MUCH FUN!!!” And really, it is.
3.We joined a cult.
Its called Crossfit. They take all of our
money and then torture us. Really though, its crazy. If you ever want to see
something hilarious, you should watch me try to do snatchs with a barbell or do
kipping pull ups on the bar… Perhaps the craziest part of our new cult is the
diet: Paleo. Crossfit propoganda dictates that you must follow a Paleolithic Diet,
only eating what cavemen would eat, sort of ( I totally don’t buy into the
“science” and “anthropology” behind this method, I’m doing it out of sheer peer
pressure)…. So basically dan and I are constantly sore from the crazy workouts
and constantly about to gnaw each other’s arms off from the carb deficiency
induced mania.
| {okay, so the finish line was flat. but thats it. i swear!} |
| {no i don't want any of your dirty bagels. i'm perfectly happy w/ my paleo friendly post-race orange.... not} |
My training for the Ogden Marathon has been rather
lackluster, so I was excited to find out about the Ogden Racing Circuit – this
is what I needed to force me to run. This Saturday they had a 10 miler, I read
on their website it was least attended of the circuit because the course was
“challenging.” Umm yeah, it was challenging. The whole thing was running up the
hills of Ogden above Weber State. The only flat/non killer grade was the first
mile. Sick joke. I think the guy who turned to me with a look of death at mile
7 summed it up pretty well: “This b*tch is all up hill!” Dan deserves an awesome husband award as he woke up at 6am today (his only day to sleep in) and drove me up to Ogden, patiently waited for me during my race, then took me back to SLC and went to the Symphony with me! (I needed to go for a class, we're not that cultured to go of our own volition).
Things next week should be awesome for Dan, all my sisters, and every other student in the state of Utah, as they have Spring Break. Oh, except for my school who doesn't believe in Spring Break/ recreation/ enjoyment of life in any way shape or form...
BYU SHOULD BURN!!!!!
But I've already said that.



10 comments:
I had no idea crossfit required people to follow a Paleo diet - what a total turn off! I've tried to explain to some of our French friends the big American craze is to cut out all carbohydrates from your diet and they always look horrified. "But why??? Zee Bread is so good!"
You amaze me and girls on the run looks awesome!
is #5 spring break and you not going? that would not be happy
You are so beautiful and thin. I have no idea why you are so obsessed with dieting or working out to the extreme. But that being said, I admire it! You are a hard worker and very healthy from the looks of things. Way to go! Maybe someday after I'm chubby from my third child or something you can help me get skinny :)
That Paleo chart makes me want to eat a donut. Or maybe it's the picture of a donut on your blog that makes me want to eat a donut. I can't decide. Either way, you're my hero for being so fit and healthy. Teach me! Also, GOTR looks amazing! What a fun job.
I'm glad you're enjoying your "girls on the run." I hope I can find strength and desire to run again too. And work out. Have you heard of BodyRock.tv? You should check it out. I found it through pinterest. Has some killer work outs.
They really have a restriction on what balloons are made of?? Stupid rules! Hope your dad gets better soon.
Girls on the run looks fabulous and they are lucky to have you as a mentor.
They really have a restriction on what balloons are made of?? Stupid rules! Hope your dad gets better soon.
Girls on the run looks fabulous and they are lucky to have you as a mentor.
I'm glad you acknowledge you've joined a cult, anyone who says you shouldn't eat Grandma B's warm bread is a facist. Also, your university is facist. We missed you over spring break.
Your doing crossfit? you crazy girl!!! Good job on being an older sister:) Sorry about your dad, that teribble he is back in surgery. Hopefully it helped this time!
Post a Comment