It was a very adult christmas. Is it just me, or did my previous statement make it sound like a pornographic event? What I mean to say was that Dan's sister Tori and Tim and their kids were in California, and Dan's youngest sister Jill is on a mission. That left Nana, Dan's parents, Dan and I, and his two brothers Steve and Chris at home. Meaning we leisurely got up 9:30 and their was limited squealing Well, maybe there was some squealing.
1) Otto in a globe
Denise isn't a pet person. At all. So we sent Otto down to my parent's house for Christmas where he could play with the other dogs and not bother people who would rather not having an 80lb beast pulling over their Christmas Tree. However, we couldn't help but tease Denise a little. We found this awesome snow globe at Wal-mart, had a photo session with Otto, and created a wonderful stocking stuffer for Denise. Ha. We think we're funny.
2) Ann the Card Shark
If I had to come up with a title for this Christmas, it would be the "Year of Rummy."This is Ann, dan's rad 85 year old Grandmother who travels the globe, attends her "Daughter of the American Revolution" Meetings faithfully, and absolutely dominates at card games. Dan and I played no less than 30 rounds of Rummy with her. She lures you in under the pretense of a fun, friendly game. Then she proceeds to dominate you. Don't let her fool you, Ann is a card shark. But a fun one.
3) Chris' Christmas Engagement
This is Chris, Dan's brother. He got engaged on Christmas Day. Sadly I don't have a picture of him with his finacee, but I can vouch for the fact that she is real. Congrats Chris and Amber!
Denise instituted a new tradition (well, i'm voting for it to become a tradition) this year: Christmas Eve Cafe Rio take-out and watching Bing Crosby's White Christmas. This is truly the pinnacle of perfection.
5) Got Good Presents
It was like christmas gift nirvana - a perfect blend of stuff i knew I really wanted/needed and some good surprises. I was pleased as punch.
6) Gave Good Presents
Even better than getting presents is giving them. I felt like we did pretty good at giving this year. We gave Rick the complete Back to the Future Blu-Ray DVD set and he loved it. I think, Or he's just really good at pretending. Either way, we'll take it!
Because really, it is quite glorious.
8) Santa hooked Dan up
Santa stuffed Dan's stocking with what may or may not be the last box of .223 in Davis County.
A certain elf looked all over the place
So much delicious food. Including multiple batches of Peppermint Fudge Brownies.
10) Had a Merry Christmas
My dad texted me this picture on Christmas Eve and it made me so happy. We had a wonderful Christmas with Dan's family, then had a white knuckled drive through a storm down to STG for New Years.
To Be continued...





4 comments:
I'm glad that you had fun time at Christmas. Love those shoes you got and expect you to have a six pack after all the work out next time I see you:)
I agree that Cafe Rio and a good ole Christmas movie should be a new tradition we keep. Less mess in the kitchen, and enjoyment for all. Yay!! How can life get any better. I LOVE Otto's snow globe! It will stay out all year. We love our every other Christmas when we get you guys here. Next time we will kidnap the babies (at 4 & 5 by then they won't be babies) and trick Tori & Tim into coming here. :)
4 & 5...wow! That'll be CRAZY! I love the new tradition you've come up with. Looking forward to it in 2014!
I bet Denise loved the snow globe... Very clever! ha. It looks like a rockin christmas, with lots of loot! It was so good to see you guys! Your brownies are Amazing!!!
Post a Comment