After a white-knuckled drive through a pretty intense storm, we arrived in STG, ready for New Years festivities. Some Highlights:
One of my favorite STG past times is "doggy walks". Basically you take Otto, Copper, and Cedric down into the Lava beds behind my parents house and let them run wild. Otto loves his leash-less time, free from the oppresion of the evil empire of Logan City...
What's this you may ask? Why this is my mom's billy goat friend. Since the rest of left the house, Katheryn has filled her sister-less void by taking up animal husbandry. Well, actually she is just raising a pig through FFA (which I wish I would have got a non blurry picture of, the thing is totally frightening.) While Katheryn cares for her piggy, my mom sneaks Organic Granola to this goat that has a beard. Things haven't gotten weird at all....
And of course, there was the annual ROCKET DAY! This year we moved toward a more equal playing field by all teams being given the same model of rocket.
But, alas, it was Dan and I's Shabab III (an homage to the Iranian Nuclear program) that took first place for flight time this year. Dominated.
What's a trip to STG without some excercising of our second amendment
rights? Dan's jealously knows no bounds as the Burrs both got Glochs for Christmas, Yes, that is my darling bad-a friend shooting her own Gloch. Could Branda be any cooler? I think not.
Our New Years Eve became a legit party when the Burrs came over to join us for treats, some very rousing rounds of "Telestrations", and my Dad's grand finale of laterns and close quarters fireworks. Luckily no one was (seriously) injured.
Happy New Year!
2 comments:
Dd your mom adopt a curly haired boy as well?
Congrats to you and Dan on winning the annual rocket contest!! Personally I think I look slightly ridiculous! Nonetheless it was a lot of fun to hang out with you and dan, and get some instruction from an avid Gun enthusiast as dan put it I think! Telestrations was a lot of fun! I had no idea what a good artists your dad was! Thank you for letting us crash your party:) Your family is so awesome! The fireworks and lanterns were such a great ending/ beginning to the old and new year, even if they were slightly sketchy at times;)!
Post a Comment