Sometime in January, Dan got word of a possible six week mission to Africa. You know, like the three previous ones he had been slated for and then had cancelled hours before he was supposed to leave and after we had packed all his bags and bought all his supplies... So, you can understand that I was dubious about it actually happening this time. I was especially sure it wouldn't happen when a week before they were supposed to leave Dan's diplomatic passport was no where to be found, his old unit had "misplaced it." No passport = no mission to Africa. Well, roughly 36 hours before the plane took off, he got a call that he was still good to go, he could just bring his civilian passport. I still retained doubts as I dropped him off at the SLC airport.
Later that evening, I got this picture. Which appears to be Dan in Times Square. A storm had caused them to miss their flight out of NYC, so they were spending the night there. I figured it would be at this point that the mission would be cancelled an he'd be on his way home.
But low and behold, the above pictures started appearing in the past weeks, leading me to believe he's actually been in Africa for the past month, or that he has access to a lot of elaborate staging materials. His emails sound fairly convincing too. All this talk of blistering heat, long boring days in tents, and the occasional excursion into the village... I'll make my final call on whether they actually went to Africa upon his return and my inspection of my souvenir for legitimacy.
So while Dan has been away, I have even more time to devote to my favorite Logan winter past time: staying indoors and watching TV. Upon several suggestions, I tried out Downtown Abbey... And ended up watching all three seasons within the course of a week and a half. I'd definitely put it in the guilty pleasure category, but still, it was pleasurable. I also watched all of the available episodes of the Mindy Project, and probably saddest of all, I watched 3 episodes of the Kardashians. My little sister and her friend Maggie were watching it at my house, and well, I kind of got in to it. I only watched a few on my own before I realized that this was a very guilty pleasure, that wasn't all that pleasurable.
I've also been doing a lot of doggie cuddling. Especially as he recently had a fairly serious brush with death (upcoming post). His new lease on life has made him all the more sweet and cuddly. So thats about all I can account for doing in the last month: watching TV and snuggling with Otto. I should probably be embarrassed. But I'd be lying if I said I don't have Otto on my lap right now and an episode of Parks and Rec waiting me for to push play.



3 comments:
Although I had to wait almost a whole month it was worth it, you ALWAYS crack me up. Glad to see Dan finally got go out on a mini mission. You and Otto are adorable by the way
I'm glad you enjoyed Downton. We still are hoping to have you over if you can push through all the snow we've been getting!:) Stay warm and entertained!:)
Oh Parks and Rec, how I miss you. I'm sorry Dan has to be gone so long. My Daniel is gone as well. Hopefully he brings you something awesome back.
Post a Comment