

Life in Egypt is going good. We are leaving tomorrow to hike Sinai and then its off to Jordan to study our brains out for 3 months. Hopefully I’ll learn a lot of Arabic during that time – because being here has made me realize how insufficient mine really is. The internet cafés are super slow here (and we have very limited free time), so I only really upload pics to flickr. I'm one of the people that only really likes to see pictures. So if you’re like me, and want to, all my pics are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35316747@N05/sets/
If your not like me, and like to read words, here’s a few notes from two days of sightseeing:
(Please forgive any egregious spelling errors and any non-sequtor comments. We don't get a lot sleep, and breathe in a lot of smoke.)
LUXOR DAY: Luxor was the bomb! Cairo is so dirty and big and noisy – Luxor is relatively clean and calmer. The Nile actually looks enticing down there. Angie and I even had an “American Night.” We swam and laid out by the pool w/our group, in one piece swimming suits. I only note that because again Europeans are ridiculous – all the men in speedos and all the women in bikinis- regardless of whether they were massively overweight and saggy. We ate at Pizza hut with beef pepperonis (pork is haram and not available anywhere) and then got a pedicure from some Copts.
5 comments:
I am so glad that you are enjoying Egypt! It seems like you are going to have an amazing summer.
Oh man I just looked through all your pictures instead of reading my mmbio book! So fun! Love the garbage and all the satellite dishes! That's hilarious! Looks like a grand adventure!
I'm so glad you get to have this experiance
wait a sec.. you LIVE in egypt?
I'm actually living in Amman, Jordan for the summer. I wish I was living in Egypt - I liked it better there.
Post a Comment