Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is that creepy thing wearing a Sombrero?

We Made it to Utah! We were on I-80 for 645 miles as highlighted below. ! I thought 1-80 ended at Tooele, I was so so wrong.
Me: I'm really thirsty, can we stop and get a drink?
Dan: Nope, don't need to. Pass up my camelback.
Me: Wait, you brought a filled camelback and you were going to leave my big christmas present because there wasn't room?
Dan: Yes
Dan drinking away from his water source. We barely made it through the 13 and half hour drive. I went stir crazy around Elko, and started poking Dan w/ a straw. He got angry "That I was bothering him!" And we didn't talk to each other for half an hour. We are 5 years old.

Dan defied the Eternal Laws of Christmas by opening a present early. But it was for a good cause: So his brother Chris could see the look of delight on his face as he opened...
Thats right, an X-Box! Thanks Chris, now I get to hear Modern Warfare going on in our living room... At least Dan is happy, make that THRILLED. Speaking of the x-box, Dan has been so busy playing it, he is neglecting his "DAN'S MUNCHY MOMENTS". So I'll have to fill in.

This beauty is the Hi Hat Diner. We pass it every time we come to Clinton, and always joke about going there. Today we made the joke reality.
How can you not want to go in a place with a scary Mexican doll holding a sign next to a siren? They really pushed that "WORLD'S FIRST CHILI VERDE OMELET" thing by the way.

This place had WINDOW TROLLS! How can it not be good?
A hand written menu w/ drawings? Yet another sign of the deliciousness to come! And here is the "WORLD"S FIRST CHILI VERDE OMELET." Both Dan and Aaron got one after the owner and waitress talked them up.
I was a bit wary of the Chili Verde, and stuck with good old pancakes.
But you'll notice in this picture of Aaron and Stacie my not so sneaky hand reaching into Dan's omelet. They were surprisingly good. In fact, everything was surprisingly good. It's like the pearl of wisdom Aaron's Grandfather gave to them on their wedding day: "Never have expectations, and you'll never be disappointed." So true.
MERRY CHRISTMAS! Next Stop: STG. Huzzah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

darling sister i am so excited to see you tommorow! The Hi Hat appears to be all you described it to be, and so much more.

Jane said...

We're going to St. George on Wednesday and leaving Monday. E-mail me jeblake07@yahoo.com cuz I changed my phone number and I don't want to give it out via cyber world. We'll have to go to lunch or something. So I got those recipes like that using the Gimp program, aka photoshop wannabe. I found the recipe cards on a digital scrapbooking website for free. Then you just add text or pictures as layers, etc. I'm glad you're impressed by my recently developed blogging skills.

Aimee said...

I'm glad to hear you made it safely to good old Utah. Thanks for updating us on Dans Munchy Moments. I was starting to worry

Jennifer said...

I want to eat where trolls live, that's awesome.

Don't you love the conversations that you have with your spouce after your married?