So this afternoon I'm hungry and I decide I want to make blondies from a particular cookbook. And the Pacific Grove library has said cookbook. Dan is gone to his college math class and has the car.
No problem, I will walk - the weather says its supposed to get sunny and its not that far. Except, it totally is. Garmy informed me its a full 4 miles round trip.
So I finally make it to the library, and in the time it took me to walk there, someone had checked out the book. No joke, the librarian confirmed it.
But this is where it gets good. I proceed to trek home, and come to the busiest intersection in P.G., a four way intersection. The cars all pause for me and I hurry across the road. Next thing I know, I'm sprawled flat on my stomach on the ground in the middle of the road. Yup, totally biffed it in front of maybe 10 cars, a dozen pedestrians, a few dogs.... My phone flew out of bag so I had to collect all the pieces before hobbling across the road. Someone even got out of their car to try to help me.
My right leg had a giant hole in the pants, through my g's, and then my skin. It hurt. It was embarrassing. I still had to walk 2 tear stained miles home. And the sun never came out.
To recap: I didn't get to make any blondies, I humiliated myself in front of a great number of people, ruined my very favorite jeans, dinged up my 2 week old phone, and didn't even get any sun!
And I'm still hungry.
The End.
P.S. The day got better. After a good cry and Dan laughing at me ("Let me get this right, you tripped in a crosswalk in town's square?"), we went to dinner at a nearby restaurant (so I could photograph the scene of the "incident"), bought Dan some jazzy new pants to complete his Euro Chic ensemble, and saw Inception.
Dude, Inception is a trip. If you want your mind blown, go see it. Right now. And be careful in those highly visible crosswalks.
The End for Real.



4 comments:
Lauren, I'm so sorry, I hate being embarrassed in front of people. If it will make you feel better, I can tell you the story how I walked into the glass door in Forever 21 that was full of people. At least you got a movie out of it:)
I am more than sure I tickled myself a tad when I read this. I can just see this over and over again in my head. I guess I am going to have to get a orange flag to walk you across the cross walk now. P.S I like your blog it is getting fancy smancy!
I am so sorry you fell... ha. The library should have a save like red box. Glad your day went better though!
Lauren, I'm sorry bad things happen to you. This reminded me of a freshman year when two unsuspecting roommates fell on the ice within a few days of each other. I escaped miraculously unscathed, but you on the other hand were left with a mark. You're life is filled of awesome events that make for great stories later. Have you ever thought of writing a book?
And yes I'm guilty of exiling my husband to the living room floor. I didn't want to get sick! :)
Post a Comment