Blogs can be dangerous. They inspire you to do things you shouldn't (see dresser re-finishing, etc). In this case it was throwing a baby shower. I love the blog Hostess with the Mostess. It basically highlights parties with themes incorporated in to every last water bottle wrapper. They are so cute that it physically hurts. What it doesn't highlight is the Hostess passed out after taking one too many Adovan due to the stress of competing with said parties. I felt this competitive edge as I was competing not with the entire blogging world but with ANOTHER ward baby shower held the same day. All that mattered was that mine was better, or I'd die trying. Kidding. Kind of... Anyway, Christina and I put together a little party for Rebecca who is having her first girl (girls are sooooo much funner than boys, fyi). Behold:
The truly interesting thing about this picture: the sun is shinning! The shower was held on the ONE hot day this year. Like we had a fan going and people were still sweating. Awesome.
Theme = pink and brown and elephants. Why? Rebecca likes Pink and Brown. And because I like elephants. The end.
I pretty much believe it was divine intervention that lead me to finding pink/brown/elephant baby shower tablewear. Also, the tissue paper balls = really hard to make look like Martha's. And don't hang them the night before, they will fall, and they will get smooshed on one side.
Food = Lion House rolls, yummy mozzarella skewers, Homemade Mac N Cheese, Salad
Plus Christina made S'more cupcakes and the pink cake in the background!
Party games = a form of torture, in my humble opinion. I came up with a few though, such as this baby animal quiz. Much to my delight, people chit chatted the whole time and the games did not need to be implemented.
Favors= pink animal cracker cookies. There may or may not have been previous prototypes of more extravagant favors. I may or may not have called my mother in tears over failed prototypes...
Presents! Including this adorable hand knit bib from Sis. Robbins. I wanted to steal it....
This is Christina, my co-consipirator. She has the cutest little girl I've ever met, Amélie. See? Even her name is adorable.
Where was Dan while this was all going on? Why, Rock climbing in Pinnacles of course!
He even got my passport stamped for me:
Dan also picked up a harness for me. Perhaps he wants climbing to be a new couple's hobby. Or perhaps, as I suspect, he worries that I'm already plotting my next shower and doesn't want the house turned into party central again. Its safer for everyone to have me jumping off rocks rather than trying to be a hostess with the mostess. But I still have a lot of tissue paper left! And you can't let that stuff go to waste. You just can't.





7 comments:
So cute! Hopefully mine can live up to half of what that is. I can't wait for my shower! It will be an open house though, so we can avoid awkward circles and games at all costs. I wish you could come SO bad!!! I'm still inviting you. It would be a divine miracle if you could. :( miss you
What a cute party! You always think of cute details and ideas to do. I so need to learn how to do that. Rock climbing is fun, but party planning is a blast (fyi, I pretended I didn't read your comment about girls being more fun than boys):)
I crown you the queen of cute parties. I loved the animal cracker goody bags. Great work! And dan is awesome!
I too am supposed to throw a baby shower, after reading your blog and feeling completely incompetent I'm thinking, "F that"
Wow look at you go! You have so many talents its kind of amazing!! I think if i ever have a girl, im going to hire you to do the decor:)
So glad to be home and back to reading your blogs. I missed them! You are so creative. Your shower looked perfect, I loved the elephants. (Yes, girl babies are much more fun to shop for, but then so are grown girls) It was a good thing Dan was rock climbing and out of your way. You both probably enjoyed the day better that way :)
Wow, small world! I'm from Dan's MTC district and what a surprise to see Rebecca on your blog. I met her from massage school. Wow, I didn't know she was going to have a girl! How exciting. What a FUN baby shower!!
Post a Comment