There's a few foods I've spent my life believing I don't like, without ever really trying them. Pumpkin is one such food. But I decided this year to give it a fair shake... Even going as far as attending "PUMPKIN FEST" in Half Moon Bay.
On the eve of "PUMPKIN FEST", I baked and ate my first pumpkin cookie. Can't say i'm a fan - too cakey, and pumpkiney. Why waste calories on those, when there's chocolate chip cookies to be had?
"PUMPKIN FEST" was awesome, though Dan wasn't too amped on the idea... In the end he gave in, we went with Monsons and Sue, and a good time was had by all!
It began with a costume contest, some highlights included:
A Great Dane dressed as a sheep!, A Princess Leia with Real Cinnamon Buns, and Lady Gaga
And Everyone's Favorite: UP!
Classic small town parade: firemen, karate kids, and anyone with a 4-wheeler throwing candy.
And because I'm a bad person, my favorite part of the parade: a random one legged fat man on a float w/ a 1,500 lb pumpkin. And then the float bottomed out in a ditch. It doesn't get better.
Classic small town parade: firemen, karate kids, and anyone with a 4-wheeler throwing candy.
And because I'm a bad person, my favorite part of the parade: a random one legged fat man on a float w/ a 1,500 lb pumpkin. And then the float bottomed out in a ditch. It doesn't get better.
And the real reason for going to "PUMPKIN FEST" = Food. Pumpkin rolls, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin churros, pumpkin pies, even pumpkin sausages! And there I discovered that pumpkin is not a flavor like say, Bananas, that makes everything better. Turns out, I was actually justified in avoiding pumpkins all these years - not good.
There was also a dude carving pumpkins. I really want to go see this movie when it comes out.
And we capped off torturing Dan by stopping by a pumpkin patch on the way home. Because we hadn't gotten our pumpkin fill yet. I fear an inevitable future retalition from Dan... Look for me at "GUN FEST" 2011.
There was also a dude carving pumpkins. I really want to go see this movie when it comes out.
And we capped off torturing Dan by stopping by a pumpkin patch on the way home. Because we hadn't gotten our pumpkin fill yet. I fear an inevitable future retalition from Dan... Look for me at "GUN FEST" 2011.





5 comments:
Looks like a good day out, and did I see sunshine? I can't wait to see your costumes this year! Really now where else would you have seen a Great Dane dressed as a sheep. Gotta love your blogs :-)
How fun! I don't like pumpkin flavored things either, but I love and miss little town events!
Wow those costumes were fantastic. I'm expecting something even better from you and Dan. Don't disapoint.
maybe he wasn't a random fat man, maybe the ginormous pumpkin fell on his leg and that is why it is now missing.
You have all the pumpkin fun!
Post a Comment