Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Redacted Christmas Threats

You may remember a certain diatribe I wrote last year about a certain dilapidated wal-mart artificial tree that I had carted around and put up for 5 years. You may remember that I emphatically stated that this TREE WOULD GO ON NO MORE. Well, I lied. When we were moving from Monterey, Dan went to heft the wal-mart tree into the trash and I totally had a "Solomon slicing the baby in half moment." No, wait! Don't kill it! It is my tree! But if I can't have it, at least give it unto the Salvation Army. Well, I doubt the Salvation Army would have accepted it, so, welcome GHETTO TREE YEAR 6. Ha.
Also helping us get in the holiday spirit: Mandatory Fun! This year  Dan's Army Christmas Party (which we are required to attend, they take roll) was held at Tucanos. Tucanos being a Brazilian Grill where the waiters walk around with giant platters of all types of undercooked meat that they shave off onto your plate. Basically, my worst nightmare. It was just as all Army functions are: uncomfortable and not fun. I did however enjoy when I won the raffle and got, wait for it, A GIFT CARD TO TUCANOS. I can now experience the horror all over again :)

in order to truly get jazzed about the happiest time of the year, i've created 
LO'S CHRISTMAS BUCKET LIST:
Go to Temple Square 
(Yes it is only a 4 minute walk from our front door, but its like really really cold outside, so we've avoided it).
Bake a million treats 
(literally, a million. give a couple to neighbors)
{this is totally unrelated, i just enjoy a good inappropriate elf on the shelf}
Do a good deed
(sub for santa, or angel tree, or volunteer or something)
Watch Christmas Movies
(elf, its a wonderful life, and scrooged being my favorites)

I will get started on this list. Right after I try to survive finals.

( I'm pretending that I took pictures and documented my trip to STG and thanksgiving. They happened, they were lovely, but I sucked at picture taking). 

6 comments:

Лена said...

I'm so excited for you to go back to the place of your nightmares!:) Mark loves restaurants like that. This year his company just did potluck at his workplace pretty much. It was alright... I'll blog about it. I like your bucket list. I hope to be among the neighbors that get your treats!:)

Jane said...

So I think now you need to put that tree up every year. Even when you have a nice real one some day, you can always put the ghetto one somewhere right? And that's hilarious you got a gift card to that meat place. Barf. Rodizio is pretty good, but I'm not a huge meat person either. So I don't really know why I go there. I can't believe what inappropriate things you are doing to your poor elf on the shelf. I'm going to tell your kids someday. And I hope sometime I will get to try one of your yummy treats. We will have to get together soon.

The Burr's said...

Oh can I come eat treats and watch christmas movies with you?! Yeah for christmas time:)... Well except the fact its cold!

Aimee said...

oh that crazy pill popping alcoholic elf.

Jennifer said...

I love the movie scrooged. That little elf makes me laugh.

Ashley said...

You inspired me-I want to make a Christmas bucket list! Look at you being a good citizen and doing a good deed, such a good idea!