| {note: this is a reenactment} |
Dan got promoted! He’s now Sergeant Dan. The promotion from E4 to E5 is significant because he is now an NCO (non-commissioned officer). So basically Dan is now super fancy and were totally rich…. Not really though. At his drill today I got the ceremonious job of ripping of his old rank, sticking on the new one, and then punching him in the chest. Its tradition! Rick, Denise, Chris and Jill came all the way down to watch the 30 second promotion, so afterward the least we could do was have them over for some food. Last minute I threw up some streamers to make it a "party." Next promotion I plan to go all out, themed party galore, good thing I've got a few years to work on it.
Other than the promotion, not much else exciting has been going on...Well, Every night for the past week I go up to the U in the dark of night and hang posters as part of my
side career as a guerrilla street marketer. The posters are part of my
professor’s master thesis (crazy MFA creative writing people), and I will do
anything to get extra credit in my Creative Writing Class. And I mean anything.
I’ve also been going to training for my new volunteer gig: Girls
on the Run. I will be meeting twice a week with a group of 15 third grade girls
to teach life lessons and then running laps in preparation for an end of season 5k. Should be interesting…
![]() |
| {in all of his beauty, Meowers} |
I’ve also spent the last week grieving over the loss of my
beloved cat, Meowy (yes, as an 8 year old I was super good at naming pets, his
full name is Meowers – don’t hate). He has been in our family for 15 years,
technically making him more a part of our family than Katheryn, who has only
been with us for 14... The most troubling aspect of this ordeal is that he
didn’t go out in a blaze of glory befitting his cat awesomeness, but rather
left without a trace. The circumstances of his disappearance are quite suspect
as a creepy guy recently moved into a house a few blocks away from my parents
and he is known to be trapping cats! He doesn’t turn them into the animal
shelter, so we don’t really know what happens to them… I pray that Meowy
didn’t meet that fate and rather lives on in the desert as the immortal magnificent cat he is.


8 comments:
RIP meow cat. Did I tell you Tommy died too?? Jim buried him in the backyard. But don't tell anyone. I'm pretty sure it's illegal.
That is SO sad about your cat! I'm so sorry! I would've called animal services on that neighbor asap.
That right hook was fierce, we could hear it all the way from the bleachers! Dan's promotion was a good excuse to come down & see you guys. I always love racing along on the freeway, trying to make it there, when they move the time up by an hour with no notice. And as always, Lauren's food afterwards was fantastic. I am SO impressed you shredded the pork without your meat gloves. You are quite the woman!!
Sorry about your cat. It's fun you have an actual picture of your pinning Dan, because I got... well, I didn't get one, so I have to wait till next promotion. It was fun to hang out with you guys the other night. We should do it again soon.
RIP meow boy, the fiercest alley cat that ever lived. Congratulations to dan! I think the girls on the run thing is so cool! Love you guys!
Meowers looked pretty awesome, pretty sure it was him who tortured a mouse while we were watching you one night. It was a terrible fight. The mouse didn't stand a chance. I think the girls on the run thing is rad by the way
I'm sorry to hear about your cat! Congrats to Dan though. Hope we can get together soon!
Congrats to Dan!!! Interesting tradition to punch ha, I can't believe Meaowy is gone! I will never forget how that cat doesn't/ really did meow ha. Funny times. Sorry about Meowy:( Good for you for making kids life better!!
Post a Comment