Thursday, June 7, 2012

You've had a Birthday, Shout Hooray.

Dan's celebrations began last Sunday, when we went up to his parent's house and his sister, Tori, surprised him with his favorite German Chocolate cupcakes. 
Our favorite niece and nephew were integral in helping blow out his MANY candles.
{i'm really good at taking blurry pictures}
We set forth to celebrate on Thursday, being that he had drill all day Friday (his actual bday), Saturday, and Sunday. I crafted a "Choose Your Own Adventure Birthday", you know, like the awesome 80's books. You're reading along and then all of the sudden you're presented with a set of choices to determine how the really complicated plot pans out...

Well for Dan's adventure, per the options in his "Choose your Own Birthday Adventure" book I made, he elected to go shooting. Dan's dad, Rick, had the day off so he came down and joined in the gunfire and then took us out to lunch.
We went out to barren wasteland, aka Redneck Paradise.
These were all over the ground.
And someone may have made the worst footwear choice ever. Although I do love that color on my toes, essie pink, thanks Leana!
Dan and Rick
Dan in full "Dan mode"
Nothing like guns for a good birthday. The rest of the day was low key with a few presents, more food, more German Chocolate cake, and a Redbox movie. Oh, and lest I forget, a Brazilian Ji Jitsu class. Dan's birthday request that I attend a BJJ class with him at our Crossfit gym was honored.
I spent an hour being choked out by big sweaty girls. Lovely. 
Happy Birthday Dan!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

What an awesome birthday. Your so clever and fun.

Лена said...

Cool Birthday! Just for Dan. And you were very creative with your idea. Also, that pink looks great on you!:)

Jennifer said...

Looks like it was an eventful birthday. Happ Birthday!

Ashley said...

I'm getting caught up on all my blog reading, so I'm a little behind but this is a pretty sweet idea! I'm pretty sure Brad would love it too! Nicely done!