Sunday, August 12, 2012

#hashtag


Dan and I are little behind the technology curve. Though most fifth graders have had them for years at this point, we just got iphones. Like last month. I've wanted one forever, and at long last my dreams came true! Honestly, its been everything I hoped for and more. One new element I've come across in the iphone world is the hashtag. Per google, 
"Hashtag: A tag embedded in a message posted on the Twitter microblogging service, consisting of a word within the message prefixed with a hash sign." 
I don't have twitter. But I still use hashtags, albeit inappropriately. I text them, and even talk in them. So in honor of keeping up my tradition of flagrant misuse of the hashtag, may I present a blog recap of recent events, as recorded on my beloved phone, and defiled with hashtags:

#rainestraceever
{its hard being this photogenic, it really is}
{only picture i took: this one of pete at an awesome photo-op on the way home}
A really long time ago, my friend Sue told me she was running the Bryce Canyon Half, and encouraged Bonni and I to join her.  Being that I never pass up the opportunity to pay money to be tortured for around two hours, I was in. With the craziness of the summer, the race crept up on me. Luckily Bonni was far more organized and arranged for us to crash with her sister who rented a cabin in Cannonville. It turned out to be a lot of fun (don't know why I didn't take pictures?), despite the fact that it rained like crazy, the last mile was a downpour. 
#ilovestgeorge
One of the best parts of this summer was that i've spent so much of it in the STG:
Celebrating Katheryn's (aka the HoneyBadger's) 15th Birthday. She is rad. And really good at soccer.
Running errands (usually for more dog treats), going for doggie runs, and going to Parowan with my favorite Dad. 
Meeting Sue and McCoy for lunch at the Pasta Factory. How cute is he?
Taking Copper and Otto to the Splash pad with Katheryn. 
Getting to see/run with/ Zumba with/ shop with Brandalee!

#seeyouin18months
{note: I was very sick at the time of this picture. i decided to overcompensate by smiling so big, its ridiculous}
Dan's little sister, Jill, is off to the Denver North Mission. So before she left on her big adventure, we got one last family photo and spent some quality family time. 
Celebrating Miss Molly's 3rd Birthday
And playing with Charlie!

#i'mnotgreatattakingpictures
A lot of other really great memorable things happened, of which I have no pictures. But thanks to my trusty phone, times are changing. Soon, this will be me:

2 comments:

Jane said...

You were right by my in law's cabin and sis in laws house! When you were by Bryce canyon did you go down to that little tiny town of Tropic? That's where we spend lots of time... With Merrill's family. No one EVER knows where or what Tropic is haha. I'm hoping to get an iPhone too someday! Yay for you.

Лена said...

Love your hashtag style of blogging #cool