66°F
Tue

65° | 54°
Wed

66° | 55°
Thu

68° | 55°
Fri

70° | 55°
If a certain family of vampires ever tires of Forks, I think Monterey could serve as a suitable replacement. (I just read an article about Twilight's effect on marriages by the way haha). I swear there hasn't been a full day of warm life giving sun here since I returned from the Mecca that is St. George, Utah.
It's getting me down! I need my vitamin D offering sunlight, and these endless overcast days are throwing me into a spiral of depression. I'm trying to focus on the few good things in this costal hell, to pull myself out of the spiral (sufficiently dramatic?):
One thing this place has going for it is the Farmer's Market. Gives Dan and I something to do on tuesdays. See cool dogs, random musicians, and eat samples. Often we buy some good (but expensive) produce and eat delightful Gyros.
Usually I bake delicious delights to lift my spirits. But, Dan and I are trying to eat healthy right now (the tri-weekly cookie baking was doing us no favors.) So I decided to bake something nutritious. Enter Bran muffins packed with flax seed, fruits, strands of carrots and other ridiculously healthy things. They were actually fairly tasty once you get past the aesthetics. Other attempts included Granola (not as healthy as one would hope, that brown sugar could be put to good use in cookies thank you very much!)
One legitmate spirit lifter is this awesome birthday announcement we received from our niece.
I know I've made some less than favorable remarks about Ginger kids. But really, I've had a disproportionate amount of evil auburns in my life. But that doesn't mean there aren't some good ones. My cousin Aimee.... Princess Ariel.... And of course, our one and only niece! Every time I see this on the fridge I can't help but smile. She's that cute.
But I don't recant on giving up any gingers that Dan and I are so at risk of someday creating.
Perhaps Orphan Annie is right. Maybe the Sun will come out tomorrow.
But if you're living in Monterey, I wouldn't bet my bottom dollar on it.




4 comments:
You should have called me. (you probably could tell me the same) in my defense I, again, lost your number. I guess knowing that Mark has Dan's gives me this safe thing of not recording your number somewhere I can actually find it. Anyhow, I'm doing a lot of nothing, like whole wheat pancakes for breakfast and watching Harry Porter marathon on TV. Sorry you felt lonely, hopefully the sun will come out VERY soon and make it all better.
Haha, even your Annie is a 'ginger'. You are surrounded. Sounds like you need a good movie and some serious treats, preferably something chocolate, while Dan is away. Do healthy when he gets home.
The weather (and the people) were the biggest reasons that I didn't like Monterey. Sorry it's starting to get to you. Come visit me, it's always hot and sunny here. I can't wait till we get stationed somewhere that has all 4 season.
I am fortunate enough to like (most) of the 'gingers' I know and hope I get one for myself someday.
I've been hearing a lot of bad things about us gingers lately, thanks for giving me the shout out as a NON bad one. Sorry you got the SADS going, it's perfect weather here, not too hot, but warm enough to know it's summer. Oh and by the way I think your bran muffins look yummy
Post a Comment